After Reformat XP - No Audio Device

Thread: After Reformat XP - No Audio Device

Unhappy After Reformat XP - No Audio Device

Hello my name is Joseph, nice to meet you all. Please help me guys... After I reformat Windows XP, the speakers stopped working. Under Start - Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices - it says "No Audio Device" but it worked fine before I reformat my computer. Can you guys please help ? I'll post my CPU specs here:

System:

Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

Computer:

Intel(R)
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    3.01 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

My speakers are made by a company called Cyber Acoustics, and it is model:

Amplified Speaker System CA-2014 2-piece speaker system.

PLEASE help guys, because this is actually my girlfriend's computer... Sigh. Any advice would be WONDERFUL, thanks in advance guys !!

Welcome to windrivers forums Joseph , can't have a man in trouble with his woman can we ?

What we actually need to know about is your soundcard & not your speakers (the speakers output from the soundcard which 'makes' the noise), so can you tell us what make & model this pc is or better yet its motherboard info ? (that ought to let us work out what soundcard is in it & thus what drivers that needs & from where)

same problem

i have the some problem but i dont know my what sound card i have...i have a year old dell with the basic soundcard...i just dont know what one that is...

i got the sound card

i have the sound card drivers installed now and it detects the device but nothing plays...it's turned on under the windows audio and all the volume is on and my speakers are on and everything i could find.....i think i might have to turn my soundcard on on bios?....i dk how to do that

Try the suggestions in this thread then call back -

http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=71137

How did you reformat? Did Dell give you CDs. Usually there is a purple or green disc with Windows XP on it and then their is a blue CD that has drivers on it. If you put the blue CD in it will go through an install process and then allow you to pick your drivers. Otherwise go to http://support.dell.com/ and put your service tag in and download the audio drivers from there. Usually Dell's basic integrated are made my Analog Devices/Soundmax or SigMaTel.

You can also try this http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=us&l=en&s=gen from Dell which may help you discover all your devices.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

I am also having this problem.. but I dont know what mother board or soundcard I have unfortunately.

I have a VPR Matrix, which is about 2-3 years old now probably. They've discontinued VPR Matrix computers.. so its hard to find tech support on them.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Josh

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Have you ran Everest Free Edition to see what is on your computer -sound,video, motherboard ect....

*Edit* Nevermind, I fixed it.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for the program. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Khaos; March 29th, 2006 at 12:40 AM.

I had the same problems. No sound and no audio device detected. I went through many, many threads and tried all the "fixes" but nothing worked for me. I was able to resolve my issue by simply reinstalling the audio drivers from my motherboard installation CD. My motherboard: EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI Mainboard. It was a breeze........

Welcome to Windrivers Ihiida

Yes the way to solve the problem is to load the correct drivers. Unfortunately most people don't know where to find the driver cds in their own house!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by lhiida View Post
    I had the same problems. No sound and no audio device detected. I went through many, many threads and tried all the "fixes" but nothing worked for me. I was able to resolve my issue by simply reinstalling the audio drivers from my motherboard installation CD. My motherboard: EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI Mainboard. It was a breeze........
    I have the same problem, except that as soon as I get drivers installed the one for sound controller bounces back, and I get the message: an error has occurred, and the device cannot start - code 10. Does any one know what code 10 is? And how can I get the reference name and or number from my motherboard in order to get the right drivers?

Welcome to Windrivers Alberts

Code 10 usually means a lack of resources (or in the case of usb/firewire attached devices, not enough power) or you are using similar, but not the correct drivers.

Is your computer branded (dell, hp, gateway)? If so, what is the make and model - have a look on the label at the back. If it isn't, you can download everest or use Belarc
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."