Vista won't connect to internet through a ICS on XP - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Vista won't connect to internet through a ICS on XP

Thanks I was starting to think it was too complicated.
    Well I just can't stop looking
    Thanks again
    I really am going to bed

What really gets me is I will start to see something that will probably do the trick and then I go look at the price ...some are over $1000

I am definitely closer to going to bed.
    I had looked at Softperfect Bandwidth Manager before but I wasn't able to create the rules successfully.
    Maybe tomorrow.
    The concrete went well. The wife and I did the whole job by ourselves. Took us 3 days 5-8 hrs a day all by hand mixing in a wheel barrow. 10' x 10' room.
    And we know nothing.
    I dropped a line a Softperfect to see if they had any friendly solutions for the trouble of rules creation.
    Nite

Yep... haven't found anything better yet...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Cool

Noo Noo
    After the 4 or 6 emails to ABM each detailing various problems relating to reliablity on the quota's in the software. (One client seems to never change his quota no matter how many times he logs in and out while another goes through 10 gigs and runs out of quota in a rediculously short time period.) These last 3 or 4 emails included screenshots showing settings and changes.
    Well I just sent the last screenshot I will be sending and it was of the ISP Web page showing usage of 1.02 gigs total for yesterday. The day that one of my clients went through 10 gigs according to ABM.
    I told them I am done with their software and it has been uninstalled.
    The ball is in their court and it is a waiting game. I called Avangate (who collects the money) and told them I am done.
    I said I will use the screenshots to show Visa my displeasure with their software.
    I even have screenshots of their forum where the customers are pleading for help for over a year.
    Hope this resolves quickly.
    I installed Softperfect Bandwidth Manager and don't have a clue where to begin.
    I sent another email to Softperfect asking how to start and detailing the to functions I need to test.
    I felt it was best to ask them, at this point, since it was their software.
    I was just letting you know about ABM.
    If you want to see any of the info just ask.
    Later

Sounds like you have done all you can really with abm

On the bright side soft perfect have a public forum and the posts seem to get answered fairly quickly.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thumbs up

Thanks Noo Noo
    I never heard back from Softperfect on my request for help but after your reply I found the forum.
    The first pages of the forum looked pretty scarey in some of the problems people are having to deal with. As I went further into the posts I see there are lots of posts from people as bad (or worse than me) and I will be reading enough of their posts to get it to run.
    The problems people are having may not concern me and it will depend on what they are trying to get the software to do. My needs might not be as intrusive into traffic content.
    How well it will run is another matter and will depend on me. There seems to be lots of help there.
    TTFN

Good Luck Joe!