Question On Multiple Monitor setup

Thread: Question On Multiple Monitor setup

Question On Multiple Monitor setup

I have a customer that wants three monitors setup now what he has is one slot pci-express with dual monitor card installed and also has on board video so can I use the on board for the third monitor. Also he has only a 350wt PS so will I need to bump this up and if so what would be sufficient?
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

Kodiak, it would be useful to know what the pci-x card is and what other hardware is running in the machine. If you can't supply that info, I suggest you start at a 750watt to cover your bases.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

He is running a 7600gs video card on a MSI motherboard. Not sure what model the board is. AMD Athlon 64 3500+ CPU with 1gb memory. Running Windows Media Center. Will the on board be sufficient for the third monitor.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

How many hdds and opticals? Does the mobo do sli?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

One HD and one DVDRW with nothing else but a printer may be attached to it. The mobo doesn't do sli and has two pci slots available. He is using the onboard sound also.It is one of the cheaper MSI boards with no frills. Will onboard video bwork with the 7600gs pci-express?

Then 450-500watts to allow for another drive or two in the future should be fine.
    As to whether the onboard will work as well as the pci-x card, that depends on the mobo bios - time to read the manual.

OK I will do just that and thanks for the replys NooNoo.