windows server 2003 enterprise ed. ethernet controller driver - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: windows server 2003 enterprise ed. ethernet controller driver

Yah, the modem stuff and disable the modem in bios.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Oh you could try pointing 2003 at the drivers in windows xp system32...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Unhappy no modem

Hi,

Sorry, I can't figure out how to disable the modem in bios. Modem is not listed. There's an option for onboard devices but it doesn't have a modem listed. Just says lpt1, usb controllers... And I did try pointing the audio drivers to the xp installation but it can't read them. Any suggestions? Thanks

I found some more info on the audio driver and modem driver with the yellow marks on device manager:

modem: ven_8086 devid_1080
    driver: intel(R) 537ep v9x df pci modem
    provider intel Corporation
    driver version: 2.15.25.0

audio:
    driver providefr: analog devices
    version: 5.12.1.5246
    ven_8086 device id: 266e
    name: multimedia audio controller

I'm searching the analog devices site but can't find a generic driver, stll hunting. As for the modem Intel coorporation says they don't provide drivers for the 537ep chipset family and to contact the manufacturer of the modem, which I still have to find out.
    Also, I tried all the drivers at dell's site for the modem using the service tag: 5nd8w61 but none work, and one says it can only install on xp or newer versions and won't install on this server2003 OS. Still trying to figure this one out. Thanks for all your help.

Analog Devices do not supply drivers, never have.
    If the Dell 2k3 driver doesn't work, there is not much else you can do... unless you can absolutely identify which ADI 198X (find the number that is covered by the X) you can only try various drivers.

Exactly what doesn't work with the dell 2k3 driver?

Disable the modem in device manager. You don't actually need the dialup modem ... do you?

Thumbs up

Hi,

Since i have xp pro on the other partition I just went to every driver under C:\dell\drivers and try to install each one on each missing driver. The third last on the list was the audio r94481 and the very last was for the pci modem R133743. Now, I had downloaded this same ones from dell's site for this dimension pc but wouldn't install. Somehow, going to device manager and reinstalling the driver and picking the location (the other xp partition) works, but not if I pick the location in the server2003.

Funny, Noo Noo sugested that I do this before and I did but if I remember correctly it didn't work. I did download a program called DriverMax that updates drivers and it is free. It updated some 10 drivers but did not install the two missing ones. I think maybe the updating of the other drivers let me install the audio and pci modem drivers that couldn't be installed before. I also went to windows update and updated to sp2 and all the security updates, don't really know if it made a difference.

Now, I had also called Dell and offer to buy new warranty if they guranteed the two drivers. But they said since I installed sever2003, getting that operating system to work on a dell dimension 4700 is impossible. Obviously that representative was wrong. Noo Noo is an awesome computer genius.
    Hope this helps any one with this issue. I have audio, and the pci modem driver yellow mark is gone. God bless every one! this is a wrap!

Thank you Noo Noo so so much!!!!
    http://forums.windrivers.com/images/smilies/bigok.gif

http://forums.windrivers.com/images/smilies/wavey.gif

My pleasure Rodrigo