Reverting PPPoE to Bridge

Thread: Reverting PPPoE to Bridge

Reverting PPPoE to Bridge

Hey y'all! Merry Christmas

My friend's laptop was having problems connecting to his DSL yahoo internet @ his home. He called the tech from ATT. Now his connection says PPPoE (seems like it wasn't like that before the tech touched it) and he cannot connect to any other network but at his house besides his device mngr shows some yellow triangles in the dialogic diva bri-2fx pci v2 (whatever that is). We tried connecting it to our network in the office without any luck. I did a little search about it but I have not been able to find a solution. If we revert it to bridge do y'all think it may work? I tried to do it but did not know how. His laptop is running Vista Home

Depends on his hardware. Most of AT&T's newer "modems" also function as routers, so you would generally connect to the Internet through them with a standard TCP/IP connection. Some older modems required the user to set up a PPPoE connection with a user name and password to connect, much like a dialup connection. It would be helpful to know what modem you're using. Recently, I've seen AT&T using Siemenns, Motorola, and 2Wire hardware, so we need to know what you have.

Vista is also more restrictive about letting you connect to different networks. The easiest way to connect to different networks is to use the Network and Sharing Center. But, I think we should get the Internet connection fixed first before we worry about that.