JVC GR D72U not capturing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JVC GR D72U not capturing

Well you have two computers both of which cannot detect the camera when firewire is connected and then the camera is switched into playback mode. This would indicate that there is something wrong with the firewire on the camera. So unless you get the camera showing up in device manager - even as a 61883 device, the firewire is a non-starter.

You can get the Image Maker to import the video.... why is it useles to you to create a DVD? You should be able to save the file and then edit in Movie Maker if Image Mixer doesn't have DVD burning capabilities.

Just found this for imagemixer

It says it does do DVD, but doesn't do menu systems.
    Last edited by NooNoo; January 10th, 2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Image MIxer only allows the data to be put on a CD rather than a DVD and the editing abilities aren't as useful as the ones on Movie Maker. Ill try to see if upgrading the Imagemixer version helps.
    I tried to edit the data captured by Imagemixer in Movie maker however Movie Maker does not recognize the Image Mixer file extension.

Thanks

Right on further reading it says that the USB connection is of low quality and so refuses to make a DVD... that get's you back to nowhere again.

Do you know anyone else that has a camera that uses the same media as yours? Do you know of another computer you can try plugging your camera into?

Firewire is pretty straightforward - even if the device doesn't work, it usually detects something on the end of the cable... unless the camera is not in the correct mode or the firewire chip on the device is kaput.

Are you sure the camera was put into the mode needed to playback to the computer?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

i am certain the camera was in playback mode everytime I tried this. i will try a friends camera and another computer.

thanks

One way or another you need to prove the firewire connection on your camera. Has it ever worked on your computer?