LAN Test Software

Thread: LAN Test Software

LAN Test Software

What is some good software to test my lan speeds to my naslite backup box. For some reason after installing getdataback my lan speeds are now at a crawl. It take 8hrs to backup my comp. Even after I remove it the speeds are slow as molasses. I reinstalled Vista just to see if that would fix it but still slow. I seem to remember this happening before a long time ago and there was something I need to do to speed things along but I can't remember what it was. It takes 12min to move 500mb and that's slow. Anything I can look at.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

When you reinstalled Vista, did you upgrade or format?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I formatted and reinstalled. I know I did a lot of little performance tweaks before. This happened before a long time ago when I tried getdataback but I just can't remember what that one thing was I did that immediately speeded up the network. I installed sp1 and also the amd dual core optimizer. Really bothers me I can't remember. That dang age thing I guess.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

killed ipv6?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hmmmm I will give that a go. I know that is one of the things I have done before.

Update: Darn didn't work.
    Last edited by Kodiak; January 12th, 2009 at 11:59 PM.

Got another computer on your lan... what is the transfer speed like on that? If it's the same there is something up with the nasbox.

After your suggestion of another computer and finding it was the same I did some checking of my equipment and found a switch to be at fault. Thanks for the help NooNoo. Strange it did it after getdataback but it must have been a co-incidence.

Under a minute now to transfer the same file that took 10-12 min before.

Computer failure seems to love coincidence and cascade failure... glad you worked it out though.

Dumb thing is this is one of the basic, first checked things I would do for a situation with a customer but for mine I neglected it. I feel stupid. Hehehe

Thank Again as always.

Anytime... and you are not the only one