61883 Class Bus Device - Device Could Not Start Code 10
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 61883 Class Bus Device - Device Could Not Start Code 10

61883 Class Bus Device - Device Could Not Start Code 10

I just got a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium 64 Bit. I am trying to connect my samsung camcorder through firewire via a firewire express card. The following shows up in the device manager 61883 Class Bus Device with a yellow exclemation point by it. When I click it it says device cannot start code 10. Please help, i need to get this resolved asap. The camera worked fine on my Dell inspiron running XP.

Which HP laptop is this?
    Need the model exactly.
    Is the firewire express in a PCMCIA slot or what?
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by kalderink View Post
    I just got a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium 64 Bit. I am trying to connect my samsung camcorder through firewire via a firewire express card. The following shows up in the device manager 61883 Class Bus Device with a yellow exclemation point by it. When I click it it says device cannot start code 10. Please help, i need to get this resolved asap. The camera worked fine on my Dell inspiron running XP.
    When a camcorder loads as a 61883 Class Bus Device, it is the firewire chip in the computer that is not doing its job properly. If the HP laptop is new, then you need an update from HP. What model number is this laptop?

You could try updating the driver for the 1394 device from windows update too.

You could turn off the computer, start the camera in play mode (fully connected to the computer and to power) then start the PC and see if goes in that way.

Oh and because this is Vista 64, try running it as above but with administrator... you will need to activate the Administrator account so that you can log in with it. In your normal account click the start button and type in the box
    cmd
    In the upper portion of the start menu, the cmd.exe will be displayed. RIGHT click on it and select runas administrator. When the black window opens type in followed by the password you want to have on the administrator account. So

Net user administrator thisismypassword

now press enter and then type in exactly (or copy and paste from this post)

Net user administrator /active:yes

Now you can log off and you will see the ADministrator account, click on it, put your password in and you are now in administrator mode. Connect the camera and try, then try starting the machine with the camera connected and in playback mode using the Administrator account.

Please post the model of the laptop and the model of samsung so it can be highlighted to the relevant people.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

The model is the DV6T. I believe it is one of their newest models.
    Yes the firewire card is for the express card it is a Dynex 800 Express Card Adapter. That seems to work fine the device manager recognizes it and says it is working properly. Thanks for any help, i need this working asap.

A couple of things you might try... first of all the Dynex has two ports, 1394a and 1394b. Which one are you plugging into? It should be 1394a

Does the device manager say Agere OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller? Or does the wording vary?

Do you have the DV6T with onboard graphics or discrete nvidia graphics memory? I ask because the discrete graphics memory model has a built in 4 pin firewire port... so you wouldn't need the Dynex.

It is definitely a problem with the Dynex chipset - if you got a different card - a texas instruments (TI) based card, you would be less likely to have problems. you can talk to Dynex directly here
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

yes it does say Agere OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller. I do not have a Firewire port which I came to realize. It was stupidity on my part I just figured that all computers came with a port standard but i guess not. i am plugging into the "a" port with a 6 pin and a 4 pin goes to my camcorder.
    HP just had me update my chipset and BIOS and that did not work.

Sorry, but not all firewire are created equal. When they implement the standard, they interpret it. Dynex are on the cheap and cheerful side. It's a chipset problem with the Dynex. You need to be talking to Dynex, or take it back and get a different one.

If you want proof, then plug in another make of camcorder... it will do the same thing. If it doesn't, there is a problem with your Samsung camcorder.

Ok, i took it and hooked it up to a dell running xp and everything worked fine. the dell recognized the express card and the camera. i am really lost now. is that mean that it is a problem with vista 64? do i need a driver for the camera?

Samsung have codecs to download, but that is nothing to do with the enumeration of the firewire express card. Have you spoken to Dynex? Yes it might be an x64 issue - XP was 32bit (unless you had the 64bit version) Do you have access to a 32bit vista?

no the laptop has vista 64.. i downloaded the codec that they had on their website but no go.

Have you spoken to Dynex?
    Have you tried using the Administrator account?
    Have you checked the problems and solutions center in control panel?

i have tried everything and been searching forums for days. It has to be a missing driver with the camera that is the only logical explanation. Vista is not reading the camcorder. It worked when i hooked it up to a dell so i know that the hardware is not bad. There is a problem with software somewhere. I guess i try to get a new camcorder and try that? Any more ideas would be great, but i have read a lot of other people with the same problem and doesnt seem like it is easily resolved.

So what did Dynex say?
    You could of course try restoring the laptop to factory defaults - you would have to save any files before you did that to a separate storage medium...

I have also done alot of reading on this subject - changing the pc card for one that uses a Texas Instrument chipset is successful. Not all chips are the same, each company implements the specifications as they see fit. Frankly, I have not even heard of the chipset that Dynex uses. Try another pc card.

Dynex said that it is not a problem on their part. Everybody is pointing the blame elsewhere. I went out and bought a new camcorder because i decided i could use an upgrade anyway. I got a Panasonic PV-GS90 and the computer doesnt even recognize that this one is plugged in. i unplugged it and hooked the Samsung back in and got the 61883 Class Bus Device, unplugged that and plugged the Panasonic back in and didnt even notice it was plugged in. I am ready to throw this computer and everything out the window. I am so frustrated I cant even tell you. I appreciate all of your help it just seems that nothing will work and i tossed $1000 out of the window. i guess my last order of business would be to try a new firewire express card..any suggestions? Thanks

This one appears to have a TI chipset and is also sold by Dell (always a good sign that it will have good compatibility).

You haven't put a location, so I can't do anymore than that.