Digital SPCA533 Camcorder Driver?

Thread: Digital SPCA533 Camcorder Driver?

Digital SPCA533 Camcorder Driver?

Hi everyone,

I am new here and I don't know much about technology so I apologise if I am in the wrong place, but I really need some help finding the driver for my camcorder and I hoped that someone here might be able to help.

This is my camcorder here. I use it as a webcam but I have lost the cd and so I can't get it going. I have searched all over the internet but I can't find one to download anywhere (although I don't really know the proper place to look!) When I plug the camcorder in, it says 'digital SPCA533' and that's what I've been searching for, but to no avail.

Can anyone help me at all? I'd be really grateful if you could. Thank you so much

Apparently this is the maker/makers front company;

http://ouyama.en.*******.com/contactinfo.html

http://www.*******.com/member_site.h...ww.*******.com

You can try contacting them. edit: the ****** is a.l.i.b.a.b.a without the dots
    Last edited by CCT; March 22nd, 2009 at 10:35 AM.

Thank you CCT. I'll give that a try

This is represented to be the (XP) drivers for the SPCA533:

http://www.dog8me.com/vallidjofull/d...a533driver.zip

I can't verify that for sure, but I've downloaded the .zip, scanned clean with Avast Antivirus and SuperAntiSpyware. Its contents appear to be to be a driver installation, called MEGA-DSC (usually indicating Digital Still Camera).
    Last edited by Platypus; March 22nd, 2009 at 11:02 AM.

Thank you for finding that Platypus, that's brilliant.

I've downloaded the .zip and run the setup.exe application, but it hasn't worked. Is that what I'm supposed to do, or have I got it wrong? Sorry, I'm really quite clueless about all this!

Is there any difference now to the behaviour when the camera is plugged in?

If a generic camera at least appears in Explorer or My Computer as a mass storage device, you can copy pictures and movies onto the computer and use Windows Media Player or similar to access them.

When I plug it on now, I get an error balloon popping up to say that a device has malfunctioned and it is not recognised by windows.

I used it (or used to use it) as a webcam with messenger and that's what I'm trying to get it do again, but messenger is still just saying that it cannot detect any webcam even though its plugged in and switched on

Thanks for your help though

here is the maker with contact info - you can try asking for a new disk.

However, if windows has detected a malfunction, it is quite likely that it has a problem. Have you tried it on another computer with the drivers Platypus has posted?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thank you Noo Noo, I'll drop them a line and see if I can get a new one.

I only have one computer at home so I haven't been able to try it elsewhere. If I can't get a new cd from the makers though, I think that I'll just give up as it seems to be more trouble than its all worth!

Thanks to everyone for replying, its much appreciated.

'I've downloaded the .zip and run the setup.exe application, but it hasn't worked. Is that what I'm supposed to do, or have I got it wrong? Sorry, I'm really quite clueless about all this!'
    The usual procedure would be like; If the camera is connected and a yellow bang (exclamation mark) shows in Device Manager beside it, right click on the camera entry, select properties, click Update Driver and point to the folder where the zip was extracted.

Alternatively, deleting the driver from Add/Remove, disconnecting the camera, rebooting, re-installing the driver, rebooting, then connecting the camera could be tried to allow plug and play to function nicely.
    Last edited by NooNoo; March 23rd, 2009 at 06:58 AM.