Server 2003 CD Key

Thread: Server 2003 CD Key

Server 2003 CD Key

This is s simple problem that I can not find the solution for. We have lost all of our Server 2003 Enterprise cd's and ISO's, I have a sheet with our bulk CD Key on it, but no cd to install it with. All I need is an bootable Server 2003 ISO that works with our CD Key (I know that the key is specific to an OS version) as I am rebuilding some servers. Called M$ and they wont talk to us without service contract number which I am sure that we have (I am a Marine and this is a DoD network), just can't get a hold of the people that posses that information. Any other ideas that I can try?

You need the service agreement, then you can download the ISO from M$
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

I know, but that is one of the problems... people not getting back to me with proper information in a timely manner. If that is the only solution, that is fine, I will just have to wait, I just don't see what the problem is with getting a Server CD since they are the same, and the CD Key is what matters.

Write a furious email to those in charge, CC your boss and their boss.

What you are asking for is something beyond what anyone here is prepared to supply.
    It is just too grey of an area,you need the agreement
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Well, they finally got back to me and I now have my ISO, so problem solved; but I guess that sparks another question, why is it a "gray" area? The software is nothing without the Key, why hide it away? Yes I am aware of generators and cracks, but if someone is going to that length, then the image is usually included with the download.

What if I were just an individual or a small company that already bought your product and can't afford the expensive M$ support plan. Now I have to input my CC to speak to someone over the phone to get something that cost no hardware expense to send to me? That, to me, doesn't make a whole lot of since. I thought "there has to be an easier/better way"; which is why I came here, to ask if there was an alternative. I was not looking for someone to image their disk and upload it to me, if that is how it came across then I am sorry. I was simply trying to work smarter, not harder.
    Last edited by FastAndFurious; March 27th, 2009 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FastAndFurious View Post
    Well, they finally got back to me and I now have my ISO, so problem solved; but I guess that sparks another question, why is it a "gray" area? The software is nothing without the Key, why hide it away? Yes I am aware of generators and cracks, but if someone is going to that length, then the image is usually included with the download.

What if I were just an individual or a small company that already bought your product and can't afford the expensive M$ support plan. Now I have to input my CC to speak to someone over the phone to get something that cost no hardware expense to send to me? That, to me, doesn't make a whole lot of since. I thought "there has to be an easier/better way"; which is why I came here, to ask if there was an alternative. I was not looking for someone to image their disk and upload it to me, if that is how it came across then I am sorry. I was simply trying to work smarter, not harder.
    Dont worry no problem. It's the fact of copying a server OS cd and giving it to someone.
    It's very simple, call Microsoft and tell them you want to make a copy of a server OS and give it to someone.
    Last edited by Ferrit; March 27th, 2009 at 11:21 PM.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by FastAndFurious View Post
    What if I were just an individual or a small company that already bought your product and can't afford the expensive M$ support plan. Now I have to input my CC to speak to someone over the phone to get something that cost no hardware expense to send to me?
    I can tell you for a fact that you don't need any support plan to d/l the image if you have a volume agreement. For the open licensing you just go to https://eopen.microsoft.com You can buy additional media, but that is a whole different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    I can tell you for a fact that you don't need any support plan to d/l the image if you have a volume agreement. For the open licensing you just go to https://eopen.microsoft.com You can buy additional media, but that is a whole different issue.
    Thank you CeeBee, that is more of what I was looking for.