Can I Fool XP Into Thinking It's Got SP2?

Thread: Can I Fool XP Into Thinking It's Got SP2?

Banned

Can I Fool XP Into Thinking It's Got SP2?

Hi guys! I'm running XP Pro SP1 and will be purchasing an iPhone soon. According to Apple, for the iPhone to successfully sync with my PC, I need to update to SP2. I really don't want to since I'm comfortable with SP1 and I don't like SP2. SP2 is known to slow things down. Is there a way to fool XP into thinking it's on SP2? Thanks!

I think what you should do Obla, is download the SP3 and install this. You may be confortable with SP1, but, in todays enviroment, there are too many security issues to ignore. You are leaving your PC wide open for infections and attacks. You can always add to the memory if you experience a slow down since it is cheap enough. Trouble shooting infections is more costly in time or repairs.
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

I agree with Zonie get SP3
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonie View Post
    I think what you should do Obla, is download the SP3 and install this. You may be confortable with SP1, but, in todays enviroment, there are too many security issues to ignore. You are leaving your PC wide open for infections and attacks. You can always add to the memory if you experience a slow down since it is cheap enough. Trouble shooting infections is more costly in time or repairs.

Ok, I really wish you guys can answer my question, which basically is a simple yes or no question. Weird, but, ok.

Anyway, addressing the issue regarding updating to SP2, first, I've been comfortable using SP1 without any problems whatsoever. Second, I've used SP2 and SP3 before and they both have run my computer slower than SP1. Lastly, I really do wish someone can answer my question directly. I'll restate it again in case people in here have a difficult time answering it >> Can I fool XP Pro to think I'm running SP2?

Quote Originally Posted by obla View Post
    Ok, I really wish you guys can answer my question, which basically is a simple yes or no question. Weird, but, ok.

Anyway, addressing the issue regarding updating to SP2, first, I've been comfortable using SP1 without any problems whatsoever. Second, I've used SP2 and SP3 before and they both have run my computer slower than SP1. Lastly, I really do wish someone can answer my question directly. I'll restate it again in case people in here have a difficult time answering it >> Can I fool XP Pro to think I'm running SP2?

Since you really seem to have difficulty understanding a straightforward reply unless it's couched in terms that someone in the lower 50th percentile of IQ's can grasp: no.

If I get too technical here, let me know. See, SP2 and 3 replace whole bunches of the Windows code. This makes many, many functional changes in the way Windows operates. So, only a fool would think he could fool Windows into thinking a service pack had been installed when it really hadn't. Clear enough?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Since you really seem to have difficulty understanding a straightforward reply unless it's couched in terms that someone in the lower 50th percentile of IQ's can grasp: no.

If I get too technical here, let me know. See, SP2 and 3 replace whole bunches of the Windows code. This makes many, many functional changes in the way Windows operates. So, only a fool would think he could fool Windows into thinking a service pack had been installed when it really hadn't. Clear enough?
    Since you continously show difficulty in answering a simple yes or no question, this leads me to believe that you're not intelligent. It must run in your family.

Only someone as gay as you would reply as if hurt and incapable of answering so easy a question. The attributes of feminine behavior.

Obla, the answer has been given above, "no".

The topic is closed.