xp media center drivers... dumped vista but now must find xp drivers now

Thread: xp media center drivers... dumped vista but now must find xp drivers now

xp media center drivers... dumped vista but now must find xp drivers now

right now... must get ethernet controller driver
    NoDB so, how might i find what i need?

HP a6637c pavilion desktop

have more info... let me know if you're listening.

You will need to identify the ethernet device that is onboard using Everest or Belarc or similar.

Since HP say it uses a Realtek driver, you would then try matching the ethernet specs here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/ .

i used aida32... which tells me a lot of info that i needed.

but, i still don't know much about the ethernet device (network card, i think).

just says ethernet controller nodb... meaning not in database, i believe.

Try this: http://www.filehippo.com/download_everest_home/

Look under Network and also Summary.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Realtek 8111C 10/100/1000 Mb/s (Gigabit Ethernet) Integrated LAN

Drivers here:

http://www.realtek.cz/realtek-driver...ealtek=network

Use the xp drivers.
    Sergeant WOTPP

tried the link you provided, doctor... needs internet connection to work... now, i don't know about anyone else, but when i need a driver for an ethernet connection, i'm probably not gonna be able to have an internet connection!!

edit:
    ok... i think i found the right download... i was using the driver finder tool download on accident.
    but the driver zipped file has no executable file or install/setup of any kind i can find... should i just shove it in a folder somewhere and its s'posed to work?
    Last edited by heffay; April 13th, 2009 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heffay View Post
    tried the link you provided, doctor... needs internet connection to work... now, i don't know about anyone else, but when i need a driver for an ethernet connection, i'm probably not gonna be able to have an internet connection!!

edit:
    ok... i think i found the right download... i was using the driver finder tool download on accident.
    but the driver zipped file has no executable file or install/setup of any kind i can find... should i just shove it in a folder somewhere and its s'posed to work?
    No, if you have extracted the folder there should be an .inf file in there. Find the device in device manager and if you right click on it you should have an option to update driver. Click on Have disk and point to that extracted folder with the .inf file.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heffay View Post

edit:
    I apologize for assuming you had access to more than one computer. You know, like the one you posted for help on.

When giving free help on the internet, it's sometimes diffucult to know someone's skill level. Thank you for pointing out my obvious stupidity.
    Sergeant WOTPP

i actually meant CCT instead of PCP... sorry

i do have a second computer... but in order for that software to even begin its process to dig thru the computer and find what drivers it needs to install... that computer must be hooked up to the net.
    even before it actually goes to download them.

and... i was actually referring to the catch 22 part of it all... not a person here.

thanks for the help... got the computer running flawlessly yesterday, with the help of pareto logic drivercure.

'tried the link you provided, doctor... needs internet connection to work... now, i don't know about anyone else, but when i need a driver for an ethernet connection, i'm probably not gonna be able to have an internet connection!!'

As you said this was meant for me, I'll just observe that a file install from the support cd is only one step shorter than an install from a cd to which you downloaded the file.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT View Post
    'tried the link you provided, doctor... needs internet connection to work... now, i don't know about anyone else, but when i need a driver for an ethernet connection, i'm probably not gonna be able to have an internet connection!!'

As you said this was meant for me, I'll just observe that a file install from the support cd is only one step shorter than an install from a cd to which you downloaded the file.
    i'm not sure what you're referring to... you linked to a progam, not a file... that needs the internet to run, period.
    it would not even begin to search my computer w/out being connected to the internet.

don't worry about being right. computer is up and running great.

'you linked to a progam, not a file... that needs the internet to run, period.
    it would not even begin to search my computer w/out being connected to the internet.

don't worry about being right. computer is up and running great'

I linked you to 'downloadable' program that could then be loaded onto the problem computer and run so you could get the info you needed.

If you don't know how to do something, ask, instead of being a wiseass.

i did that you crazy fool... btw, you started the wiseassery.

the program worked perfectly, INSTALLED ON THE PROBLEM MACHINE and would not continue, period, without ethernet driver.

ITS BEEN FIXED SINCE THEN THANKS TO MY VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE FORUM TECH SUPPORT, NOT YOU.

heck of a way to treat a new member... i won't be back.
    Last edited by heffay; April 14th, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

goodbye don`t think anyonee will miss your attitude