How To Install USB 2.0 Controllers - Help !!!

Thread: How To Install USB 2.0 Controllers - Help !!!

Banned

How To Install USB 2.0 Controllers - Help !!!

Hi, guys! I got a virtual machine. My host is XP and guest is also XP. On my guest XP, when I plug in my iphone through the usb, the guest XP sees my USB 2.0 as a USB 1.1. I get this message:
    "there are no high speed hub controllers installed on this computer".

It's important that I get my guest XP to properly see my iphone. How do I get my guest to use/install USB 2.0 controllers?

If you mean the computer is seeing your USB 2.0 as a USB 1.1 then you go into device manager and tell it to update your drvier to get a refresh on the device and a USB 2.0 driver downloaded/applied to the device

That depends whether USB 2.0 is supported by your VM software or not. I remember older versions of VMWare didn't support USB 2.0. What are you using? And why is it so important to have USB 2.0 since 1.1 will do as well (only a bit slower).
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samtech View Post
    If you mean the computer is seeing your USB 2.0 as a USB 1.1 then you go into device manager and tell it to update your drvier to get a refresh on the device and a USB 2.0 driver downloaded/applied to the device
    I tried doing that, but the guest VM can't find the driver.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    That depends whether USB 2.0 is supported by your VM software or not. I remember older versions of VMWare didn't support USB 2.0. What are you using? And why is it so important to have USB 2.0 since 1.1 will do as well (only a bit slower).
    CeeBee, thanks for the reponse. I checked and my VM does support USB 2.0. The VM I'm using is Parallels Worksation, by the way.

To answer your other question, I need USB 2.0 because the VM powers off when I introduce my USB 2.0 device into the guest VM, which thinks I got a 1.1 USB port.

What do I do?

Last edited by obla; April 22nd, 2009 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obla View Post
    I need USB 2.0 because the VM powers off when I introduce my USB 2.0 device into the guest VM, which thinks I got a 1.1 USB port.
    That looks like a software issue with your guest OS. Does it power off or reboot? If it reboots I'm sure it bluescreens and that is caused by bad drivers. Try a workaround: boot the guest OS with the USB device already connected. I have seen such an issue recently caused by a Logitech webcam that was also connected, the computer was crashing when an iphone was connected.
    Last edited by CeeBee; April 23rd, 2009 at 04:08 PM.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    That looks like a software issue with your guest OS. Does it power off or reboot? If it reboots I'm sure it bluescreens and that is caused by bad drivers. Try a workaround: boot the guest OS with the USB device already connected. I have seen such an issue recently caused by a Logitech webcam that was also connected, the computer was crashing when an iphone was connected.
    Ceebee, thanks for the reply. You know what I did? I uninstalled the VM altogether - thank god - and assayed my fears about installing SP3. Now I got SP3 installed and I have no issues connecting my iphone via USB. Thanks for your help anyway dude.