Bluetooth adapter and earbud headset

Thread: Bluetooth adapter and earbud headset

Bluetooth adapter and earbud headset

I've bought a bluetooth usb adapter from one of those no name companies figuring they're all fairly close to the same and vista recognizes it and seems to install it properly. Then I took a logn time and found a earbud headset I like from Samsung, a WEP410. Unforunately it came OEM so no CD or anything and when I detect it through the adapter it finds it and I tell it not to use a key (as there was no documentation with it either) it asks for a driver that does not seem to exist.

I want to know if anyone has a good suggestion for a bluetooth adapter and (preferably earbud) headset combo that works as a headset and microphone with vista...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Odd that the samsung wasn't recognized. All plantronics I've used work well but are very sensitive to being dropped from standing height onto a flat hard surface. Carpeting doesn't hurt them as much but still they are a bit sensitive. Jabras work well too but are a bit pricier. Also I had an issue with some devices not detecting on my vista machine when I used no key. Tell the Bluetooth on the PC to designate one such as 1111 it should just push through on the earpiece since earpieces don't have a graphical display to work with and 1111 tends to be the generic key.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Usually the default key is 0000
    Motorola makes some nice stuff
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Sweet the 0000 was the default. Now it works thanks guys.

Figured it was something retardedly easy that I missed.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Heh thats great!!!!!
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Good to hear sorry for the 1111 code must be a default I remembered from an other products manual. I preferred the samsung for the battery life over the plantronics so you should get some good usage out of it. Curious are you using it for VOIP, Ventrilo, Skype, or is it something else? I just wanna get some feedback on what you think of its usage in the environment you're putting it through.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

using it as a gaming headset mostly, thus far it's pretty good. once I got the key in took like 3 minutes to figure it out. Also planning to use it with my krzr if possible. it's fairly clear sound and the microphone reportedly sounds good through the game too