Combofix on a MacBook with windows

Thread: Combofix on a MacBook with windows

Combofix on a MacBook with windows

Has anyone ever run combofix on an macbook with windows installed?
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

hmmm good question... back it up and find out!!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Has anyone ever run combofix on an macbook with windows installed?
    Did this person have any protection? The reason I ask is because I have had about 10 people come to me in the past year or so with Macs (with Windows installed) with no antivirus, no anti-spyware or nothing installed. Their reasoning was because they bought a Mac because the commercials and Apple Sales rep said Macs do not get viruses. To make matters worse most of them had pirated versions of Windows installed.

Is there a reason why the combofix would not run on a Mac with Windows installed?
    Last edited by BOB IROC; May 20th, 2009 at 07:59 AM.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Quote Originally Posted by BOB IROC View Post
    Is there a reason why the combofix would not run on a Mac with Windows installed?
    I don't think you can really know unless you go. It might get down to a matter of how they are running Windows. ProDocs legal software won't run on a Mac if the machine is running Windows via Parallels Desktop, but it works OK if you use Boot Camp. So, I guess we'll have to wait for Kodiak to tell us what happens.

What I was mostly concerned about is the mac side getting messed up by combofix. I'm sure it will run but will the mac side still be there when it is done. LOL. He said the mac side is working fine. He says whoever said a mac was nice is crazy thats why he has windows loaded also. It did have an AV albeit McAfee however.

Once I was able to do anything with it I found it to have 2 rootkits, Fakeallert mallware and an assortment of other trojans. I can't even believe I got this far with it with all the pop ups it was getting and then it would shut down.

Couldn't go into safe mode as the mouse or keyboard wouldn't work. So far, once able, I have run Mallwarebytes, Spybot and superantispyware and it is running great now with no popups. Also ran hijackthis and it came up with nothing. I have also shut of system restore and rebooted and ran programs again and nothing comes up. Scared to run combofix though. Not sure I want to be the Ginny pig here. LOL
    Last edited by Kodiak; May 20th, 2009 at 03:28 PM.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

No guts, no glory.

Image the disk....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."