Faxing solution.

Thread: Faxing solution.

Faxing solution.

I've got a project here involving emergency faxes. I work at a plant and when there is an emergency we have 10 minutes to send a fax concerning the problem to three (or possibly 4, depends on situation) fax numbers. I've got the fax line run with a USR fax modem and it tests fine. All I need now is a way to do it.

Basically we have a PDF form saved locally on the machine and they security guard that is using the computer will pull up the form and fill it out and press print and it's supposed to magically fax it everywhere.

I look around and found a nice piece of software that test showed could fix my situaiton perfectly. I ordered FaxTalks Fax Center Pro 7.5. I get it installed and get it working and made it down to 3 clicks and it faxes it all everywhere it needs to go. The problem came when I had the guards switch user profiles. FaxCenter does not support changing accounts. Seemed a bit odd to me, regardless this software is useless to me.

I've tried to setup windows xp faxing capabilites and it works except the address book has two serious flaws that I can't seem to figure out. The first and most annoying being the fact that it will not retain the contacts I add to the Shared Contacts section when I change accounts. The second problem is the fact that I cannot fax to a group, only individuals. Everytime I select a group it says it can't find fax numbers in some of the recipients and doesn't add any to the TO list.

Anyone got some ideas how I can solve this problem?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

how about this?

There is a trial which you can download and see if it likes changing profiles.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks for your suggestion. I will download it and check it out. Can you think of anything to help get windows address book retaining the settings for any person logged onto the machine? I'd rather focus o n the cheap way of doing this first to see if I can get that to work...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Put it in a public directory and set all the profiles to look there?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Actually yeah I wonder if I can push it out on some kind of group policy. The guards are in a group of their own iirc. I will talk to the server guys today.

But what about the address book grouping problem. Does anyone know of a way to allow the fax numbers for each contact work when chooing the group instead of individual contacts?