Gateway MFBTX6BU PB1 video issue

Thread: Gateway MFBTX6BU PB1 video issue

Gateway MFBTX6BU PB1 video issue

Don't ask why but I new the onboard video didn't work on this machine and I just wanted to test it again to be sure so I set the bios to use INT VIDEO when it boot up and it failed to work this way also so I put the video card back in and it wouldn't boot to it then either. It was fine a few minutes prior to that. What I have tried it to reset it to auto detect again is:

Reset CMOS
    Pulled battery and drained the power and restarted
    Pulled video card, reinstalled and tried resetting the bios again
    Started without the card in and reinstalled it

Anything else I can try. The machine was given to me so it's no big deal but it looks like I should get another board for it.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

Any beeps during POST?
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

No beeps but none when the video was working prior to setting it to boot to INT Video.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

You may need to determine the keystrokes to enter the BIOS setup blind, and re-instate the video card (presumably AGP). You'd probably be able to work it out from BIOS screen illustrations in the manual, but being able to observe the sequence on an identical system makes it easier. You'd be lucky if you were able to organize that though...

I might just give it a go and see.

Some mobos need to set the jumper to the reset position and power on in order to clear. Then put it to normal and start again.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Actually this one is pci express and not that old of a machine. I tried doing it blind with no success but I did see a replacement board on ebay for $57 with shipping and it's an OEM so I will just buy it. I think it's worth it. They say it's new.

Umm, you do expect virtually any newer board to be smart enough to autodetect a video card and use it in place of the onboard video. So, additional problems besides bad video wouldn't be too unlikely.

Good call slgrieb there was more wrong with it. I got another board for it for $57 and installed it and it works fine now. When I removed the other I noticed the usb plug in that hooks up the front ports was melted a little and looking at the board it had scorched everything around it including a capacitor that was next to it.

Now the issue is the drivers for this machine and I have looked for them on google and on the gateway site and can't seem to find them. Amy help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Kodiak; June 11th, 2009 at 11:17 PM.

What model Gateway is this? The numbers you give show nothing for Gateways...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Never mind - found it is an E-2500D drivers here
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."