Gateway M622-UCX Drivers

Thread: Gateway M622-UCX Drivers

Gateway M622-UCX Drivers

I have found most of the drivers but the Audio and mass storage drivers I can't find. I'm sure the mass storage is a card reader or something so I haven't put a lot of time into it yet but the audio I have looked all over. The audio link drivers fail to install. Anyone know where to get these? This model is not on the gateway site.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

There was one reference Googling to a component for that model and the M325.

The latter can be accessed and it might be beneficial to compare specs;

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/...8421sp15.shtml

That's the model I got all the other drivers for it from but the audio isn't successful when it installs.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

I installed the AC 97 drivers and all said it was working but I still get no sound. He say's it did use to work. It showed no conflicts in the hardware manager and that all was OK. No Sound. I just formatted the darn thing. I will do it again.

A lot of comps need the Microsoft Universal Audion Architecture drivers loaded also (and first).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111/

Some makers tell you up front, others just let you wander about complaining.

I don't know why!

Kodiak, before you waste time nuking the laptop, why don't you run Everest Ultimate on it and report the chipset information from the motherboard and the PCI/PnP Audio information (under the Multimedia listing).

Frankly, though, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you need the Soundmax 6.14 audio drivers and the media reader drivers from the M250 here.

I think the CX20486-31 driver listing is a red herring because it refers to the modem software and not actually the audio. So, I think your sound chip is a plain old CX20486. And I think you can also use the M250 card reader drivers. But, if I'm wrong, post the Everest info and we can match it from there.

I have been doing some reading on this subject (installing the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture [UAA] driver) and have this conclusion from what has been written by MS and posted;

- the basic operating system Plug and Play using the original AC97 device finder could not keep up with advancements in chipsets, and thus some were NOT recognized even though installed correctly

- the UAA driver, added after OS install and BEFORE driver install, enables Plug and Play to better identify the chips

- people NOT using UAA have the best luck MANUALLY directing the driver search (for the reason stated above), thus downloading the sound drivers in a folder they can find easilly is a key issue

I used CPU-Z on it to find the board info and it said it was a M325, thats where I got the other drivers that all worked except the audio and there was no media card drivers there. The M325 says it is the conexant c-audio drivers but they fail when trying to install them. This is all on a fresh format. Strange the AC 97 drivers installed and showed in the device manager as all working but no sound. Most likely not the correct driver. I will try the soundmax and see if it works.