[RESOLVED] my directx8.0 audio driver is not certified

Thread: [RESOLVED] my directx8.0 audio driver is not certified

Kenk

Resolved [RESOLVED] my directx8.0 audio driver is not certified

how can i get a certified driver for directx 8.0? the sound card i use is creative labs sound blaster awe64.

b_fleury

There won't be one yet, and you don't want to use dx8 yet anyways, it's still buggy as hell.

MacGyver

Lightbulb

You didn't mention you were having any problem. If your sound card works fine, then don't try to update the driver. My motto is "if it ain't broke, and you try to fix it, then it WILL need to be fixed"

When a driver is certified, it just means that Microsoft has put its compatibility seal of approval on the driver. If your driver isn't certified, doesn't mean anything is wrong. Of course, DXDiag will give you a warning message -- but if it works fine, then don't worry, be happy.

I think it's unlikely that a certified driver will ever be released for this card, the last driver revision to this card was quite a while back (back in 99 I believe) . But check Creative's site, you never know.

Angks

Agreed whole heartedly with MacGyver. If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it. If your sound card still works, why change it? If you wait for the driver to be certified, by that time another half-dozen versions would have been out.....