Rss Feeds, XML files and HTML Marquee's

Thread: Rss Feeds, XML files and HTML Marquee's

Question Rss Feeds, XML files and HTML Marquee's

OK, here is an outline of the situation. I have a web page that has a marquee that scrolls the contents of an XML file. The XML file is the page source for a news rss feed. I was using wget to download the page and overwrite the file to keep the news updated in the marquee. Now for whatever reason, the connection is being refused. I tried the Curl alternative to the same results. What would be the best course of action to get the updated XML from the RSS page to keep the Marquee data up to date?
    Sooouuuushi!

Do I gather you have no control over the website where RSS originates? Sounds like they turned off wget and it's brothers.

So essentially you want to ticker tape someone else's feed? Are you crediting them as the source? If not, they may have refused connections from you because of plagiarism.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Exclamation

Yes, I was crediting them form the feed. It was a Top Stories news feed. What I am doing in the mean time is browsing to the page, viewing the XML source, copy and paste into document and refresh ticker.
    Sooouuuushi!

You need a feed aggregator wikipedia have a list here
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."