Hi, if anyone is using offsitecomputerbackup (OCB) software which is rebranded Ahsay Offsite Backup software and your running systems in a domain and having a tough time getting the software to start up after the initial install.

Here is something to consider....

If you are redirecting the "Deskop" folder through a group policy object (GPO) on your server the Ahsay software as of version 5532 from Offsite Backup Solution or Ahsay will not run. The program will load in the systray and that's about it. To work around this problem I have found that not redirecting the desktop folder will enable the program to run properly.

I have no idea why this has any effect on the software at all. I have tested the software with roaming user profiles, redirecting the "application data, my documents, & favorites folder" and those folders do not effect the operation of the program at all. So why is the Desktop folder so special?

I am patiently waiting for a fix from Ahsay. Just curious, but does anyone know of any other offsite full enterprise backup software solutions that work really well and are transparent to the end users and server operators. Let's toss some software names out there. I know Ahsay is a pretty big one.

Thanks to all who are listening,
Paul