viewing tracer logs in browser

Thread: viewing tracer logs in browser

Smile viewing tracer logs in browser

Hi,

Can anyone let me know why I can't view a trace log I created under admin tools/performance trace logs in xp pro?

when I select trace logs and right click on the blank window on the right I hit new log settings, give a file name like test, hit the nonsystem provider radio button and add the http service trace, it is a sequential trace file, manually selected to start and stop from the shortcut. then I hit okay, and right click the trace log icon and save settings as test.htm in my documents.

When I open the test.htm with internet explorer I say okay to the active x pop up and get an error pop up that says "trace log properties are not consistent with system monitor. The trace log event data will not be displayed."

Thanks for any help if any one has any experience with this. I don't have a specific purpose for this except just trying to learn about this feature in xp to monitor system logs. Thanks
    One's mastery is evaluated by one's ability to impart that skill onto another.

check through this to make sure you have set the trace log correctly.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Smile Thanks

Thanks Noonoo,

I apologize for not posting earlier, I got caught up with school and work. But I read the instructions again you provided and I got what I was searching for. I ended up just making a counter log for memory. Then I created an alert for when the available memory was below a certain level. But my trouble came when I didn't have messenger service started in services and also the perfmon logs and alerts service using local computer and checkbox on interact with desktop and the workstation service as well and all the other dependencies that go with these services. Once I set them all the same I had to restart and after the reboot the alerts worked just fine.

Thanks so much!!!!
    One's mastery is evaluated by one's ability to impart that skill onto another.

My pleasure
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."