[RESOLVED] SoundBlaster in DOS (yes, DOS)

Thread: [RESOLVED] SoundBlaster in DOS (yes, DOS)

BmtPhoenix

Unhappy SoundBlaster in DOS (yes, DOS)

Ummm...here's an odd question. I have a new Soundblaster 16...pnp...pci...and I haven't a clue as to how to make it work in DOS. I know I have to add some command lines in the autoexec and the config.sys, but I don't know what lines. I also know I need some drivers, but I don't know which drivers. I'd say the most annoying part of all this is that I did this same thing so many times back in the Win3.1 days, but I don't remember how. And I don't even know that it would work with this new PnP card. I'm in Win98, btw, but I've been booting using the "boot to command line" option. I know how to make boot disks as well, if that helps. Any help is appreciated. Thanx!

Lightbulb

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BmtPhoenix:
    Ummm...here's an odd question. I have a new Soundblaster 16...pnp...pci...and I haven't a clue as to how to make it work in DOS</font>
    You said it was 'New'. Didn't it come with drivers for DOS. Most do. If not you should be able to download them if it's a Creative SoundBlaster. You will need to find the model number off the card .. CTXXXX and identify it here -

http://www.windrivers.com/identity/s...y/CREATIVE.HTM

Then download the dos drivers for that card here -

http://www.windrivers.com/company/creative/index.htm

When loaded it should add the neccessary lines to the autoexec & config files for you, with a line also like -

SET BLASTER=A240 I7 D0 H7 P300 T6

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Martin
    <a href="mailto:[email protected]" target="_blank">[email protected]</a>

DVader

I'd give your games/programs a try first without changing or adding anything first. I run Windows ME and I was supprised at all the DOS games I got to work with the sound card(not all did).
    Try to get you sound card to use DMA 1 and 5 and IRQ 5 in the device manager in win98 and you may not need to add anything else.