Mobiles, Scanners and Skids OH MY!

Thread: Mobiles, Scanners and Skids OH MY!

Mobiles, Scanners and Skids OH MY!

Long time no see guys. I'm having trouble coming up with a way to get this to work properly. So we have several Intermec CV60s on our forktrucks so our guys can scan in crap and move it around the warehouse or shipping. So sometimes these things lose settings that are required to be set. One of the settings is the 5v power on COM1. So I look around and find in HKLM CurrentControlSet and ControlSet001 the PWRCTL key, and in parameters I find the registry setting for power to the respective COM port. The prolbem is I can change the setting but the actual power on the COM port doesn't either turn on or off...
    My question is, does anyone know of a way to force windows to "reload" the registry to notice the pwrctl paramters have been altered?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Something that doesn't quite make sense- 5V power??? The COM port doesn't provide it... Adapters can be made to "steal" power from the port...
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Well keep in mind I'm dealing with "specifically" design mobile computers with hand scanners for moving our product around. Perhaps the scanner has the device you are refering to. Or perhaps they integrated it into the mobile system itself.
    So basically it's this (not quite , we have older scanners)
    http://www.intermec.com/products/scansr60/index.aspx
    with this system:
    http://www.intermec.com/products/cmptrcv60/index.aspx

The software on the CV60 has settings for turning on and off the 5v power to the scanner. However, we've been having problems with these settings just unsetting themselves which makes the scanner inoperative. So I'm trying to find a way to get the 5v setting back on and somehow reset windows to recognize the setting has been changed without actually going into the software to make the change...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.