sound blaster live 5.1

Thread: sound blaster live 5.1

Post sound blaster live 5.1

Is their a way of getting this card to work with windows 2000. I have installed service pack 2 and note from the soundblaster site that drivers are not available. I don't include system spec as I have tried it on a p111 and athlon system with the same result.
    Basically the system won't boot past start up where I get a blue screen reporting something so fast I don't get a chance to read it ( I've not been succesful with the pause button ). Both systems were solid intil I loaded the sound blaster driver.

Thumbs up

I have 5.1 card in my machine running win2k and it runs like a dream, I am only on sp1 though but I have just built a ghost last night so if sp2 screws my machine I will be safe.....checked IRQ's etc....found that my hercules prophet card had an irq conflict after a fresh installation of Win2k.....tried drivers from soundblaster.com or are you using the supplied cd?

I don't think it's SP2 that's to blaim as I got the same results without SP2. I thought the drivers on my disk where the same as those on the site but I will take your advice and look for an update. I note from another message in this group that the via chip set can cause problems, don't think that's the case here as I'm getting the same problem with via and intel 815. Tried a month or so ago with same result and put problem down to hpt370 raid controller, SP2 is supposed to have fixed this issue so thought I'd have another go.

Are you reserving IRQ 5 in the BIOS for Legacy Device?
    Hey man! Hand me that thing. Not that thing! The other thing!!! You know, the thing!!!

Update your motherboard drivers. Also try using win98 or 2000 drivers for your sound card.
    le blog de goodespeler - bandape.com

Darren Wilson

New One

SB Live! 5:1 drivers for Windows 2000 (they are not on the European Server but on the American server)
    http://www.soundblaster.com/scripts/.../SBL51_W2k.exe

Cool

Reserving IRQ 5 did the trick along with the new drivers from the USA site. Why oh why are they not on the europe site. Thanks for all the help.

I haven't tried running mine in Win2K. That's a great idea to try though. Now I've got something to try out tomorrow.
    Hello World