Gateway LT20 Chipset Issue

Thread: Gateway LT20 Chipset Issue

Gateway LT20 Chipset Issue

System was a mess so I reinstalled windows and once done installed the chipset (sm bus) drivers and I get a blue screen once restarted and I can run Last known good and it removes the driver and starts again. I have reinstalled windows twice and used the intel auto update utility the second time around and that still didn't work. Whats going on here? I'm going to test the hard drive and memory today.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

Hmmmm....Might be a driver collusion of the chipset utility with other device on the system.
    look at me post if you plan to install xp :
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=84514
    Take notice to backup after point #14 - Then it'll help you restore system quickly in a case of BSOD.
    I would also think about the possibility to installing windows 7 if the system is strong enough for it

Good luck

Well here is what I found. This Gateway Mini doesn't like to be set to ide mode and the os installed. I set the drive to ide because the drive wasn't seen in sata ahci mode. Once the system was installed you can't install the chipset driver without blue screening and the drive was stuck in PIO Mode and wouldn't change. Well I just happen to have slipstreamed the ahci drivers onto a gateway disc a while back so I tried it and it installed just fine and all is well.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind