Stay away from HP Laserjet M2727nf at all costs; and HP support is the pits

Thread: Stay away from HP Laserjet M2727nf at all costs; and HP support is the pits

Stay away from HP Laserjet M2727nf at all costs; and HP support is the pits

i had to remove the story due to a resolve with HP but I would still caution you on avoiding the M2727nf model due to a Formatter issue...people have had success baking the Formatter in 350 degree oven for a couple of minutes if your model is out of warranty. You may use google for more instruction.
    Last edited by joey3k; January 21st, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

The best printers ever made were dot matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT View Post
    The best printers ever made were dot matrix.
    Indeed, they were the best for target practice and anger management using sledgehammers. Ooops ribbon got caught, resume the 2500-page job from page 1...
    crrrrrrrrrrrrr..... crrrrrrrrrrr....crrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... crrrr.crrr.crr....zzzzz...crrrrrr

Best printers I dealt with were LJ4000 series, virtually maintenance-free, all they needed was paper and toner... and maybe new rollers after 100k pages... I've had some of these printers at over 500k pages.
    Last edited by CeeBee; January 20th, 2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Likewise the 4100. I have a customer that runs well over 110 to 120 thousand pages a month through each of two 4100's. I put something like 2 sets of pickup/delivery rollers, a sep pad, and a fuser in these every year. Can't remember the last time I had to replace the "D" shaped pickup rollers. For that matter, I still have an LJ 4 as a spare printer, though it's horribly slow for anything but simple text.

I have had good luck with LaserJet printers also. Of course, you know that most HP LaserJets are actually Canon products with HP's label on them. All of the replacement parts have Canon part numbers.

And yes, anything with moving parts will have some wear and tear after a while. That's why they call it Preventive Maintenance. You need to replace certain parts and clean filters and cooling fans BEFORE they go bad.

You can pay me now or you can pay me later.
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

I suppose I am an anachronism.

I was a believer that the computer and its' memory and display capabilities were going to relieve the world of the continuous waste of paper print-publishing incurred and lead us into a 'Greener' future.

Even now, where text (and graphics I suppose) can be so easilly be integrated into E-readers or the like, we print gajillions (a large number) of uneeded and usually soon-trashed pages to no benefit.

This printing, btw, uses chemicals Chemical Ali would have wanted people to drink, and it ALL ends up either burned or converted to compost or landfilled - in any event, we get to recycle it through us eventually.

Sad, ya know!

verba volant, scripta manent
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Mendacium inscribere non facit vera!