The other night I went ballistic and my laptop got hit.

Thread: The other night I went ballistic and my laptop got hit.

From gaseous clouds forming around Uranus

The other night I went ballistic and my laptop got hit.

It's been a long time since I've come here and now It seems I've got a question to ask you guys. Last night I kinda got t'd off and my laptop kinda got a rebound of some off my rage. Now it seems my laptop can't keep anything stored on it's HDD. No O/S, nothing. I've re-installed the O/S a couple times, but I guess once she starts to get hot she loses her memory/storage capabilities. I'm guessing I buggered the HDD on this laptop. I really can't afford to go out and buy a new one being laid off from my previous jobs and no income coming in. Anyone know where I can get a new 40-pin P-ATA HDD for an old laptop in the size range of 80 GBs that won't break the bank?
    "Oh my beloved Ice Cream Bar, how I love to lick your creamy center" - Ren

Would this work? This is about as cheap as you can get a new PATA laptop drive as far as I know. But you might want to check out eBay. I increasingly use them as a source of printer parts and laptop parts both. You might find an OK drive for less there.

From gaseous clouds forming around Uranus
    I took a stab at it and removed all peripherals and re-installed them and the bugger works now without any glitches, for now. Thanks for any responses. I still had to re-install the O/S though. I still don't understand what wiped my drive clean of any O/S.
    "Oh my beloved Ice Cream Bar, how I love to lick your creamy center" - Ren