White Rabbit!

Thread: White Rabbit!

Talking White Rabbit!

To those of you who know, it is too late, you have read it!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

You got my interest because I'm a fan of Alice in Wonderland and now you got me confused.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

It confuses us too!

I was introduced to the White Rabbit ritual way back when I was an aide in the state mental hospital. The first of every month you counted coup by White Rabbiting your fellow employees. Noone remembered why we did it, or where the practice originated, we just went with it. Of course, January First and April Fool's Day are the two biggest White Rabbit days in the year.

Does it have anything to do with Alice in Wonder Land? Or, Jefferson Airplane? Or, both? Who knows?
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Okay, it pays to do some basic research with this new fangled Interweb: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_rabbit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0

I remember when this was considered radical and subversive.

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I remember when this was considered radical and subversive.
    Good grief! I think I just had a flashback!

Were we ever that young? I remember "Mother's Little Helper", when women were being prescribed Valium, Librium, etc. for all of their "women problems". Then they wondered why middle age women were all buzzing around, addicted to tranquilizers.

American history is full of prescription solutions to life's problems, from the days of mail order Laudanum to Valium to Oxycontin to Paxil. It's just those darn, free, non-taxed drugs that are evil and illegal!

http://www.justice.gov/dea/agency/staffing.htm

Yep, not only is the War on Drugs inexpensive, but it's going so well I can't believe the drugs haven't surrendered already.

Remember kiddies, Just Say No!

Or, we will kick in your front door, lock you up in a hell hole with hardened, violent criminals and confiscate all of your property, for the good of society!

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Sergeant WOTPP

Yeah, it's like the entire experience of Prohibition has been lost or ignored. Of course, the truth is that this is simply an easy way for politicos to get votes, while corrupt law enforcement officers make millions in bribes. What's a few tens of millions in bribes to some drug lord who has become a multi-billionaire because of U.S. policy?

If we simply legalized drug use and taxed it, the U.S. could destroy most major organized crime and the majority of neighborhood gangs in one shot. Sure, there is a pretty active black market in selling tax-free tobacco, but it's chump change compared to the market for illicit dope.

Amen, compadre. I am somewhat amazed we haven't been transferred to the Politicos wing, yet. Perhaps we should be as the conversation has definitely taken a turn for the "controversial"?

It is funny how many individual issues an old "libertarian conservative" like myself and my "yellow dog" democrat friends agree on. Maybe if we got rid of the political parties that muddy up the waters (and their evil lobbyist masters), common sense would prevail and we could get on with the business of living.

I think that if people could, at least sometimes, put aside ideology and simply ask the questions "Have the policies I've supported actually worked as intended? Have they been good for the country?" the nation would be in a lot better shape.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen nearly often enough. We're covered up in policies that seemed like a good idea at the time, many of which actually were a good idea at the time, but their time has passed or the implementation stinks.

How's Affirmative Action looking these days? How abut the Americans with Disabilities Act? Recently my wife's public health office got audited, so she spent most of a day measuring the width of all their doorways, documenting the building's ramps and handrails, and using a fishing scale to measure the force needed to open every single door in the building. Now, on what planet does this make sense?

I'm pretty sure that if someone on crutches or in a wheel chair had a problem with a door, the staff would either help or find new employment. I fully realize that accessibility to restrooms, emergency exits, and the building itself is a different issue; but do we need 50 state bureaucracies and a Federal Bureaucracy to manage this? Can you say "local building codes"? And how's Republican fiscal policy since Reagan done at trimming the deficit and paring back Big Government?

Still, on a lighter note, may I direct your attention to this month's defensetech.org? Always interesting, insightful, fun stuff there. Nice photo of the Coast Guard interdicting a semi-submersible carrying 6 tons of cocaine. Plus a link to a story about real drug subs.
    Last edited by slgrieb; April 20th, 2011 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid View Post
    To those of you who know, it is too late, you have read it!
    No I didn't, I'm blind.
    "Don't be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir

Well, we all know what causes that