MAG Innovision LT916s problems

Thread: MAG Innovision LT916s problems

MAG Innovision LT916s problems

hello everyone. i just got this monitor for a present, it has plug and play, but i am getting a message saying, "mode not supported." what is this? my processor is the SLI-Deluxe and i have a geforce 6600 gt PCI-express, and i am trying to dual monitor, my old monitor works great still, but this monitor is being difficult. the monitor is VESA and i am pretty sure my video cards supports that. thanks for any help.

fixed problem

i fixed the problem and it was a stupid one. i had my refresh rate was too high. LCD's dont need a high refresh rate that i was not aware of, 60 frames per second is recommended, but i feel pretty dumb. i hope no one else has this problem.

Actually, just like CRTs, LCDs do benefit from higher refresh rates. Samsung, Viewsonic, etc. are good examples. Your MAG just isn't that good a display. The price reflects its shortcomings.

other problems...

Has anybody had a power problem with this monitor? It worked fine but now just makes a buzzing sound and the little green on light doesnt come on. Worth looking into repairing?

Well, maybe 67. I get most of my parts from: http://www.lcdrepair.us/index.html and they also do flat rate, component level repair. Unfortunately, their newly redesigned web site stinks, so don't judge their performance by it. The site is useful for contact info and little else. Just call them.

I don't know where you are 67. LCD Repair is in Carrolton, TX which is just on the north side of Dallas. Freight cost is certainly an issue right now. I have also done some business with Moniserv (Hayward, CA). I never use them for repairs because they are 2 days each way farther from me and more expensive in freight and labor. You should figure that this repair is going to cost you about a hundred bucks. I just ordered a 19" wide screen Acer 5ms LCD for $173 and some pennies from Newegg for my office. And, there are plenty of decent products in the same price range to be had.

Im in the Palm Springs area of Ca. Thanks for your input. My brother is in the computertech field and he said it'll be less to just replace it. I guess I'm just not used to the idea of disposable electronics yet.

Brother is right. LCD Repair will do the work for less, but cost you more in freight and downtime than Moniserv, who will charge you more, but have cheaper shipping. Really, no matter how you cut it, a new monitor isn't that much more than the repair cost, and you are going to get a display with better performance, better picture, faster response, and a better warranty. Which, of course, is exactly why I bought a new monitor instead of trying to repair the old one on my primary computer.

Quote Originally Posted by jfboyer1s View Post
    hello everyone. i just got this monitor for a present, it has plug and play, but i am getting a message saying, "mode not supported." what is this? my processor is the SLI-Deluxe and i have a geforce 6600 gt PCI-express, and i am trying to dual monitor, my old monitor works great still, but this monitor is being difficult. the monitor is VESA and i am pretty sure my video cards supports that. thanks for any help.
    Try changing resolution or true color

Mmm, the question was raised over 5 years ago, I doubt if they're still worried about it.