Two Softwares

Thread: Two Softwares

Two Softwares

Long time no see guys. Just having some trouble finding some software and was hoping someone could help.

I need something that records desktop to video, but only records after movement occurs on teh desktop. Basically the PC sits there for hours and is barely used, but when it is used, it's vital. We've recently run into problems where the workers say they are using the machine but our database is not receiving the info. I want to record what they do so I can see if there is a problem with their method or not. I'd also like to see if they are evenbothering to try to enter the info or if they are just lazy. Regardless, I don't want to just record non stop. I'd rather record when there is movement onthe computer. I recall there used to be software out there that did this but I can't remember the name.

Second software I'm looking for is a temperature monitor that emails the current temperature to you based on possible several thresholds.

I prefer freeware, but I realize beggars can't be choosers and any ideas you guys have would be appreciated.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Couldn't you just use a keylogger? it records the time and the keystrokes. Revealer keylogger is free.
    Sergeant WOTPP

Hi arch0n! For the temperature, I know Ashampoo's HDDControl can email if a hard drive goes over a set temperature, but sounds like you're looking for general system temp?

Well that is an interesting idea. Does this keylogger timestamp in any fashion? You see, these systems have minimal user interface. They are touchscreen machines with hand scanners. They scan a label and it inputs the info into a text field and submits it. Then the user has to press on two okay buttons. The problem is, we can't tell if the system isn't accepting the information or the user isn't even bothering to scan them. So I suppose the keylogger, as long as it reads input from the hand scanner, should at least show me all the information they are entering so I can verify if the information is being scanned at all... but timestamping it would be far better... I will take a look at that software, I just hope our virus scanner won't flip out.

As for the temperature software, I'm looking for a CPU temperature, but would settle for a general system temperature if I had to.

Thanks for your suggestions guys, but please keep them coming if there are any more.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    You should be able to exclude the keylogger in your anti-virus, after it is installed.
    Sergeant WOTPP

Good point, I'll check with our server guys... but I work for a global company and getting them to change anything is like pulling teeth with a dull spoon...

Yeah well that's not gonna happen... our scanner won't allow exceptions for jokes and keyloggers...

I was able to convince the nice people that programmed BC-Wedge to add a basic log function. They sent me a new copy that dumps whatever it recieves to a log file. It's too bad it doesn't timestamp or have carriage returns but beggars can't really be choosers.