high wattage usage

Thread: high wattage usage

high wattage usage

Hello :O)

I replaced my video card on my Core I3 system today from gtx460 to hd6850 OC (Factory clocked core 820MHZ instead of 775MHZ) and noticed in my APC UPS that wattage usage in idle mode is around 225W. In the previous card, Wattage usage was around 175W and on load it went to around 250W. On this card it's 225W and on load it doesn't change at all......
    I wondered if something in the latest ATI drivers need to be changed, Although overdrive info shows that core drops to 300MHZ on idle.....)

OMG I'm so LAME.....the 225W is actually 225 VOLTS which is the israeli voltage.....hahahahahah.....sorry for that....system is 140-150 idle and 215-230 on load.
    NICE !!!

Easy mistake to make! By the way, how are you liking the speed of the i3?
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Hi Guts,

It works great for my needs - Which are mostly surfing, Watching HD media, And now days playing a bit 3D games since Duke Nukem Forever came out - Just to keep in touch with nostalgy :O)
    What i like most about it that it is cool cpu - Temperature wise and quite powerful. its H55 chipset is hot as hell (PCH), but with proper ventilationof the case it will survive for few years.... (Hopefully lol)

In a few years you will have prolly gone through 3 or 4 computers, if you are anything like me.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Yes....I guess so...For now it's the computer I held the longest....Like 1/2 a year now....A true record :O)

I got so tired of taking the huge sheet of aluminum off the side of my desktop as I was going in to it so often that I left it off one day and haven't seen the need to re-attach it. Makes it easy to blow out the dust and install more ram, hardware, etc.

Hahahah...too dusty here in Tel-Aviv.....Can't leave it open....Will contaminate my new Vga super fans :O) Since of restrictions my case is lying on it's CPU side (left side), So I am waiting to be inspired to add a front 12V to my case....It was SOOOO silent before I added this OC vga...There is no way back now, but hey.....the aliens invaded earth in Duke's game needed some sacrifice....... :O)
    I think I might go for a 5.25" manual fan controller, But since the vga fans are not completely quiet a front 120mm quiet fan will suffice. Might use the 7Volts trick on one of my 120mm fans.