Outlook 2003 Custom Form to Excel Template - VBA

Thread: Outlook 2003 Custom Form to Excel Template - VBA

Outlook 2003 Custom Form to Excel Template - VBA

Hey guys, long time no see....

I use Outlook 2003 to store data using custom forms. Up until recently I was using the XPrint addin so I could print the forms WYSIWYG, but I've been forced to upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit and XPrint does not appear to operate properly. So, using VBA, I'm trying to make a button that will take the outlook data and populate an excel template and then print it silently. I'm unfamiliar with VBA or it's syntax and terminology.

I have found and modified some code that will word with a word template, but the amount of data to display would be much easier to work with an excel template instead...

Anyone here able to help me out?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Out of Curiosity, did you try running the Xprint in compatability mode XP SP3?
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

Actually yes I did. It didn't change anything unfortunately. I've been searching the internet for information about this topic and have been unable to find anything particularly helpful. I assume I'm just searching for incorrect terminology and syntax. Either way, I don't have the time to figure it out so I found a way to export all the data to an access database and I'll just build a few table queries and forms to do what I need... I suppose I should have done this back when I originally had the idea, but xprint made it easy... Thanks for your response.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Record a macro of what you want to do in Excel, then open the macro in VBA and you can see what's going on and tweak it.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks for the suggestion Noo. But in this case, the data I want to print is in Outlook and it is notorious for not having the ability to print forms as you see them on the screen. You can however, call word (or supposedly excel) and using VBA transfer the data into fields in a template. I was able, through research with google able to get a Word template working with some code. Unfortunately working with complex forms like I am, word is lacking. But in asking around, people mentioned the ability to do the same with Excel. However, nobody responded with HOW to do it with Excel. I tried modifying the code to be for excel but not having experience with VBA made it difficult.

I gave up and found a way to dump all the data into ann access database and just remade my form from scratch.

Thanks again Noo.