Memory Question

Thread: Memory Question

Memory Question

If you had a choice between 6gb of http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CFMQ8wIwAA or 12gb of http://www.costcentral.com/proddetai...5809/extended/ what would be your choice? And this is with a win 7 64 bit system.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

I'd go with the 12 GB package.

I had the 6gb in here and I bought the 12gb and added it but I started getting problems with video saying the video had recovered from errors and also one blue screen with the page on non page fault blue screen but only once so I pulled the 6gb and no problems now. I didn't have any problems with just the 6gb either. Just together. Manually set the timings to the lower speed maybe? Lower sticks are in the primary banks.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

Check the mobo voltage against the manufacturer required. Many sticks require higher than normal voltage to operate at the claimed speed.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Darn I spoke to soon. Just after posting I rebooted and had a blue screen. Never had a blue screen with the 6gb so I will go back to it for a while and see if maybe something else is developing. Meanwhile I will check voltages as suggested. I did for the heck of it order 6 more gb of the Dominator and will throw that in when it gets here. Found it on Ebay for $40 and I'm sure I can sell it later anyway. I was hoping the 12gb would work and I would get 12gb more of it.

I would definitely go for the 12 - the more, the merrier I say! I need a lot of memory, because I play a lot of browser games, so my natural inclination is towards more more mroe!
    Last edited by joshd; October 24th, 2011 at 03:33 AM.