Gang Used 3D Printers for ATM Skimmers

Thread: Gang Used 3D Printers for ATM Skimmers

Gang Used 3D Printers for ATM Skimmers

Good story from Krebsonsecurity.com:

"An ATM skimmer gang stole more than $400,000 using skimming devices built with the help of high-tech 3D printers, federal prosecutors say."

"In June, a federal court indicted four men from South Texas (PDF) whom authorities say had reinvested the profits from skimming scams to purchase a 3D printer. According to statements by the U.S. Secret Service, the gang’s leader, Jason Lall of Houston, was sent to prison for ATM fraud in 2009. Lall was instrumental in obtaining skimming devices, and the gang soon found themselves needing to procure their own skimmers. The trouble is, skimmer kits aren’t cheap: They range from $2,000 to more than $10,000 per kit."

Full story here.
    Last edited by slgrieb; September 25th, 2011 at 01:36 PM.

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up, I plan to take a good long look the next time I use an A.T.M. I guess even criminals have to spend money to make money. Nice find!
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz