[RESOLVED] Should I go for an audio card?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Should I go for an audio card?

Jpbtennisman

Post Should I go for an audio card?

I mainly play MP3s on my audio card, I'm not really a gamer. I have a somewhat good set of speakers, 2 speaker 1 subwoofer ACS44...

Will I really notice a difference by buying an audio card as opposed to my Epox 8k7a+'s onboard sound? Which card do you all recommend? I was looking at the TB Santa Cruz but now that the Audigy is out, that looks quite attractive.

------------------
    "I don't care if it's called the Crap-tastic 9000! If it's good, I'm getting it." - Me

Mistake #6:
    "If we got a new webmaster, you would get permanently banned and your Word Association post would be closed."

Antec SX840, AMD Athlon 1400@1584 STABLE, Epox 8K7A+, IBM 60GXP 40GB, 20GB Maxtor 7200RPM, Plextor 16x10x40, Pioneer Slot-Loading DVD-ROM, Yamaha 8x8x24 Firewire CD-RW, Maxtor 80GB external Firewire hard drive, ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON 32MB DDR, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Realtek NIC (blech), 1394 card, Thermalright Sk6 with Thermaltake 31cfm

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Jpbtennisman:
    I mainly play MP3s on my audio card, I'm not really a gamer. I have a somewhat good set of speakers, 2 speaker 1 subwoofer ACS44...

Will I really notice a difference by buying an audio card as opposed to my Epox 8k7a+'s onboard sound? Which card do you all recommend? I was looking at the TB Santa Cruz but now that the Audigy is out, that looks quite attractive.

</font>
    I have no personal experience with either but since I have always used creative and I am somewhat brand loyal, I would go with the Audigy. I have read reviews on both and I think they would both work for you.

------------------

I think it is time to open this!!

GJFowler

If you've got good speakers & get an Audigy, you might notice how crappy MP3 sounds...

------------------
    I used to be Platypus...

The platypus, proof God has a sense of humour.

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by GJFowler:
    If you've got good speakers & get an Audigy, you might notice how crappy MP3 sounds...

</font>
    Good point. If you use a bad ripper or play low quality mp3's a sound blaster16 will get you the same results.

------------------

I think it is time to open this!!

agello28

Talking

audigy just came out! get the original creative live value! you only play mp3s!