Anyone good at Unattended Installs?

Thread: Anyone good at Unattended Installs?

Anyone good at Unattended Installs?

I am looking to create unattended installs for AMD Radeon Catalyst 12.2 both to upgrade existing machines and one to be used to push out to machines with no drivers. I did this once with 11.x as part of my scripted imaging process but for some reason AMD changed the structure of the files a bit and I cannot seem to get it to work again.

I also think a separate script is needed to upgrade machines that have an existing driver.

I believe this is what I followed to do 11.x
    http://icrontic.com/discussion/93040...f-amd-catalyst

I know if you run the Catalyst install package it will extract the driver files and then you can use those and type setup /? from a command prompt and it gives you the unattend options but I have to admit this is not my strong suit so I end up overthinking it and confusing myself. Any help is appreciated.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Before you do that, is there a reason you need the Catalyst contol centre on these machines? Might be better to just use the windows update versions of the ATI drivers you need.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I agree with NooNoo, I leave the software out. however the way i go about it is suing 7zip to extract the download so I can get the .dll for the video card so I can do a manual install of the driver rather than the full software install.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Well as usual I think I was overthinking the process too much. I ran the Catalyst package to extract the driver contents and canceled out of the install and then using my system Management System (Altiris) made a job that would copy that driver extract to a temporary folder. Once copied a script that would run ..\bin64\setup.exe -install installed the driver and all the features. This worked on a newly imaged machine that did not have a driver so now I have to test to see if it will update a machine that has an existing driver
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.

So, you want to automate the updating of the driver with a script?
    I've never tried that however... if you get stuck this might prove useful.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314854
    More likely this would come in handy if things go wrong.
    Last edited by Niclo Iste; March 21st, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

It looks like the simplified install works for upgrading too. I will see if I can do some tweaking on removing the CCC but I do like to have all the other features installed if possible. I try to use the latest drivers for the hardware in my machines. I guess I am just OCD about keeping the computers I manage up to date.