Dell Inspiron 530S starting problem.

Thread: Dell Inspiron 530S starting problem.

Dell Inspiron 530S starting problem.

Computer is a Dell Inspiron 530S with a Foxconn G33M02 Micro ATX Motherboard.
    The switch is a single block in the front of the machine along with audio and usb within. They all have their own connector blocks on the M'board.
    My question is: There is a 5 pin connector for jumpers on the power block that takes the power to the start button, led, and I don't know what else(no reset).
    Does anyone know what set of pins on the block or wire color that the start button uses, as I need to jump it for starting the machine...and don't want to cause any other problems. Or is their an optional way to do this. Thanks.

Here is a diagram of someone in the same situation. It is a pretty standard pinout. To start the computer, no other wires need be present on this particular conector, and you momentarily short out with a spare hard drive jumper the power button pins labelled #6 and #8. I doubt that someone made a molex with that particular pinout available, but if you found a decent shop they could probably assemble one from an old junker unit.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Geez, I looked all over for something like that. Thanks for your research ! When I get the pwr supply back in I'll give it a try.

I really want to stress that you put the jumper on pins #6 and #8 for a second or less, as soon as the computer starts up pull the jumper off of the pins.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Thanks everyone for the help. The computer is up and running. Alles van die beste !!