Brag Rights

Thread: Brag Rights

Brag Rights

I got to share with you all

I am so proud .. many of you remember my stunning beautiful inside and out daughter Krystal... she's 25 now.. Yes yes yes I am old...

Well I must of rubbed off on her somehow....

for the past few years she has been working reception and gaming at a large football club to help pay her way through college... last year she graduated with a diploma in "network and telecommunication engineering"

This year she began working for a large company in my old home town as a desktop support engineer... the only female tech in the company and one of the only female techs in the region...

she's loving it and going from strength to strength... little bugger prolly knows more than me now

so yeah i had to brag.. i thought she would steer well away from computers after having them drilled into her all her life...

but she's a smart cookie ....bit like her mum eh
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

That is awesome. great job Mom, Hope all goes well
    Last thing I remember, running for the door,
    I had to find the passage back to the place
    I was before.

That's great! I certainly do remember your daughter (slg permits himself a grin verging on a leer) and you certainly should be proud of her. Lots of fields still remain tough for women to break into, and it takes an exceptional amount of ability, political smarts, and a tough skin to buck the Good Ol' Boy network. Congratulations!

Old? Ha! I just turned 60, and I have two daughters (17 & 14) plus a much younger wife. Tell me about feeling old.

Speaking of male dominated fields, Elder Child wants to be a marine biologist, and plans to attend Texas A&M University at Galveston. She intends to join the Naval Reserve Officer Training Candidate program, which will pay for her degree with a 4 year enlistment commitment. At the end of her degree program, she will have a choice of serving a 4 year hitch and then being free to job hunt as a civilian, or (assuming her grades are good enough) going on to the U.S. Naval Academy to become a Navy officer and take an advanced degree.

Personally, I'm hoping for Plan A. By the time she has to do her service, I guess the U.S. and Iran will have had a short, nasty war, and we probably won't be at war with China yet. Good time to get in and get out.

isn't it great when you see all the work and effort you put into your kids is shown in brilliant colour... that's fantastic.. what a career your daughter has in front of you slgrieb

I breathed a sigh of relief at my daughter's 21st birthday.. she made it to adulthood.. yay I did it.. but when she graduated and began working.. i was like. .. wow Im so proud..Im one of "those mothers" after all lol

but I never pushed her.. I thought she would go into law or something...

all those games of quake 3 head to head with me after school must of done some good after all.....

the best part now is watching child 2 of 6, my autistic 15 year old Kiralea writing and producing her own anime....

Super Mom! Now if you could only wear a cape and a domino mask. Glad to hear that the apple didn't fall far from the tree!
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Congrats Mags! My daughter has had a false start at Uni and is now doing Japanese of all things! Turns out she is good at it too, unfortunately she is two years behind because the first uni she went to changed the curriculum of the degree course (animation) so she left and started over.

She is definitely not following in her mother's footsteps. I am very pleased for you and everso slightly jealous!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Im still surprised Noo Noo that she even went that way.. but she makes me giggle sometimes because i see myself all those years ago...

Japanese would be great.. I'd love to learn it but I have def stuck it in my "too hard basket" so your daughters got your supermind there.....

Considering the rocky road you have had to travel, your love and constant attention to your children is a telling tribute to you.

'Live Long and Prosper.'

And watch 'I am Australian' one in a while. I wish we had a 'I am Canadian' version without copyright infringement.

LoL

Quote Originally Posted by CCT View Post
    Considering the rocky road you have had to travel, your love and constant attention to your children is a telling tribute to you.

'Live Long and Prosper.'

And watch 'I am Australian' one in a while. I wish we had a 'I am Canadian' version without copyright infringement.

LoL

The rocky road is just a steep learning curve.. how to i get through this one...as such

Absolutely gorgeous photos!

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous photos!
    I fell into photography.. people started saying wow when they saw my pics so I entered some in comps and started winning...