Drivers for a Sony tv card btf-pa402z
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Drivers for a Sony tv card btf-pa402z

  1. #1
    Registered User Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    McHenry, Ill. USA
    Posts
    339

    Drivers for a Sony tv card btf-pa402z

    Why are there so many driver scams out there. I can not find drivers w/o answering adds or downloading scanners that promise to scan the whole computer for a fee. Of course they are free to download.

    Where do these scanning companies get access to the drivers that I want anyway? I can go to the website of the manufacturer and even there they want you to buy thier recommended scanner software to update their drivers.

    s there a plkace to search like just FTP sites that will; allow free downloading of drivers?

    I am just starting a computer repair business as I am retired and like to work on computers.
    I don't have to make much money just a little to supplement social security. I am A+ certified albeit back in 2002.

    I need a place to find drivers!!!
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

  2. #2
    Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    2,350
    Part of being a driver gatherer, is knowing where to go. If you struggle in your search, maybe, you should re-consider your job choice.
    Sergeant WOTPP

  3. #3
    Registered User Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    McHenry, Ill. USA
    Posts
    339
    I can generally get them, but it is not like the old days.
    This sony driver seems especially difficult.
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

  4. #4
    Registered User CeeBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,475
    Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician View Post
    Part of being a driver gatherer, is knowing where to go. If you struggle in your search, maybe, you should re-consider your job choice.
    I have to agree. It took me longer to write this than to find the driver.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

  5. #5
    Registered User Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    McHenry, Ill. USA
    Posts
    339
    I might agree with you both if one of you posted a link where that driver could be downloaded for free and minimal hassle! I know that it comes up as for free on a google search, but that doesn't mean it is free. Every site out there that has this driver wants to install it by thier scanning software or reqires that you complete a "survey" and participate in some sort of advertisement.

    I have a recent build of a win 98 machine that required extensive research in downloading and installing appropriate drivers as it was a build on an early MB designed for XP. Runs great!

    This a Sony card from an XP media Center ed. Vaio. The owner told me that I could have the TV card as he no longer wanted it and wanted XP pro installed. He had the software to do it. That is done. The driver installed from the sony site for the media and worked in XP.

    MY problem is in taking the card to a non Sony computer and using it in that machine. It's probably not possible as Sony has a proprietary plug from the case that plugs into this card. In any case I put the card back into his machine where it may work and doesn't icon up in DV.

    This group used to try and help people find drivers for windows.
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

  6. #6
    Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    2,350
    http://www.mitsdrivers.com/pages_btf-pa402z-driver.html

    Good luck in your business venture.
    Sergeant WOTPP

  7. #7
    Registered User Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    McHenry, Ill. USA
    Posts
    339
    Ok Mobile Physician I went to that link and started the download, but what it wants to do is give me Driver Detective first? That's exactly what I am c/o.

    Driver Driver Detective is scanning software by Digital River. It is a free download and scans the computer for free. It found 29 out of date drivers on this machine, but wants $9,95 for me to download them and register the software!

    That's what I do not want. I want to be able to go online and find the drivers "I need" w/o paying for them!

    Got another link?
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

  8. #8
    Registered User CeeBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Ok Mobile Physician I went to that link and started the download, but what it wants to do is give me Driver Detective first? That's exactly what I am c/o.

    Driver Driver Detective is scanning software by Digital River. It is a free download and scans the computer for free. It found 29 out of date drivers on this machine, but wants $9,95 for me to download them and register the software!

    That's what I do not want. I want to be able to go online and find the drivers "I need" w/o paying for them!

    Got another link?
    Maybe indeed you should stay out of the business. You'd do a favor both to your potential customers and yourself... Sorry if I seem harsh but you won't be able to make it in the business if you can't figure out something that simple. What if someone has an infected machine and you need to do a manual registry search/edit??? Food for thought.
    There is a link to the driver right on this website. Another link on driverguide(dot)com (the very first on google!!!!).
    A techie would use either result and run whatever is needed in a virtual box or using sandboxie. Then extract the driver and use it where it's needed.
    Last edited by CeeBee; April 28th, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 1998
    Location
    La Baie Quebec Canada
    Posts
    546
    working on old machines is a real pain,but you have to learn seaching which we cannot teach you,but if you want to get in this bussiness you have to learn and become a drivers ferretall of us have tons of old drivers but no time to spending searching and uploading to other guys,but if you keep at it you will get the hang of itgood luck,Claude

  10. #10
    Registered User slgrieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,104
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Maybe indeed you should stay out of the business. You'd do a favor both to your potential customers and yourself... Sorry if I seem harsh but you won't be able to make it in the business if you can't figure out something that simple. What if someone has an infected machine and you need to do a manual registry search/edit??? Food for thought.
    There is a link to the driver right on this website. Another link on driverguide(dot)com (the very first on google!!!!).
    A techie would use either result and run whatever is needed in a virtual box or using sandboxie. Then extract the driver and use it where it's needed.
    Well, Sandwich, don't take CeeBee's remarks to heart. None of us are born knowing it all. Nevertheless, it doesn't hurt to take a formal course or two in an A+ certification program or the like.

    So, let me reiterate: ignore CeeBee's rant. A lack of experience doesn't equate to a lack of ability. Everybody learns all the time.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

  11. #11
    Registered User CeeBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,475
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Well, Sandwich, don't take CeeBee's remarks to heart. None of us are born knowing it all. Nevertheless, it doesn't hurt to take a formal course or two in an A+ certification program or the like.

    So, let me reiterate: ignore CeeBee's rant. A lack of experience doesn't equate to a lack of ability. Everybody learns all the time.
    Sure, lack of experience and lack of ability are different things. However you cannot be a chef if you can't peel a tomato... if you catch my drift.
    The driver is available on the very first google link. There is no excuse to be complaining about inability to find it. A whole 1-min job extracting the driver...
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

  12. #12
    Registered User Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    McHenry, Ill. USA
    Posts
    339

    Red face

    Thanks SLGRIEB,
    I did take an A+ cert course and passed the exam circa 2002. I guess I am pretty dated and perhaps should look at re-certifying. I am not familiar with modifying or searching the registry with anything but reg-edit and I am not familiar with running programs in a virtual box. I have heard of the virtual stuff for running win 98 games and even dos games on modern machines but have always felt it would just be as easy to maintain an old machine. I guess I have some research to do if it involves getting drivers.
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

  13. #13
    Registered User Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    McHenry, Ill. USA
    Posts
    339
    CeeBee,
    I too can find the driver via Google, but to actually get it w/o the hassle of the intervening scanning software is a problem that I have. I can extract software if I knew where the file was to extract. Does one not have to download and install the scanning software? If so where is the file to extract?
    Thanks for any advice!! Sandwich
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

  14. #14
    Registered User CeeBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    CeeBee,
    I too can find the driver via Google, but to actually get it w/o the hassle of the intervening scanning software is a problem that I have. I can extract software if I knew where the file was to extract. Does one not have to download and install the scanning software? If so where is the file to extract?
    Thanks for any advice!! Sandwich
    http://members.driverguide.com/drive...riverid=737764
    Run in a virtual machine (highly preferred) or sandboxed.
    Download with the installer. Decline any toolbars or add-ons. In the end it will just download the driver package and save it in a location of your choice. Do whatever you want with the package and install via the .inf file.
    Or here's a direct link to the file that took a whole 2 min to get using wireshark and intercepting the http traffic from the installer:
    http://members.driverguide.com/director/get.php/MCE_Aoicard.rar?msl=ed49e676d650825a4acc43051bd2f6 92%2C737764_1153699349&time=1335801024&auth=718b99 8cd52dc7892b35b0d1333f22c3&file=MCE_Aoicard.rar
    I see there is a time stamp in the GET request so it may be somewhat time sensitive... or maybe the time stamp is just used to salt a hash and make it more difficult to share for download without installer...
    Bottom line is that getting this driver is a trivial task.
    Last edited by CeeBee; April 30th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    http://members.driverguide.com/drive...riverid=737764
    Run in a virtual machine (highly preferred) or sandboxed.
    Download with the installer. Decline any toolbars or add-ons. In the end it will just download the driver package and save it in a location of your choice. Do whatever you want with the package and install via the .inf file.
    So I was looking for the same driver & I did the above & got the file(s) and right-clicked the .inf file, choose install & I *assume* it installed, but nothing happened. So for those of us who aren't trying to be A+ repair geeks, but just want this stupid card to work in our XP machines (dude, it's a Dell) what else must I do to make this driver drive?

Similar Threads

  1. sony pcg-v505dc1 network/ethernet drivers
    By naka-pako in forum Laptops/PDAs/Smartphones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 17th, 2005, 07:32 PM
  2. Sound card advice needed
    By JungleMan1 in forum Tech Lounge & Tales
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 11th, 2004, 11:05 PM
  3. [RESOLVED] tv out on geforce mx card
    By hespeler in forum Video Adapter/Monitor Drivers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 18th, 2000, 08:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •