Drivers for a Sony tv card btf-pa402z - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drivers for a Sony tv card btf-pa402z

Ok, so when I poasted I saw that The Moderator had to approve my message 'cause I'm new, and so I decided to just go ahead and restart the PC. So when I did, the "find new hardware wizard" found new hardware, and I browsed to where the files were and now the new hardware is installed and ready to roll...or so the wizard said. But I don't see anything in the Programs menu or anywhere else.
    Maybe one of you guys can tell me how to proceed? Thanx

Welcome to WinDrivers, and thanks for saying your name, uhclem! I'm sorry, but I'm confused by your post. Are you saying you've just installed one of the Sony cards in a computer? Installing drivers may frequently add a program to the Start Menu or the System Tray, but that's not necessarily the case. A little more detailed information about your Operating System, computer specs, and so on would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Welcome to WinDrivers, and thanks for saying your name, uhclem! I'm sorry, but I'm confused by your post. Are you saying you've just installed one of the Sony cards in a computer? Installing drivers may frequently add a program to the Start Menu or the System Tray, but that's not necessarily the case. A little more detailed information about your Operating System, computer specs, and so on would be helpful.
    My post is confusing because the one before it never appeared.
    I installed the card in question, followed the advice CeeBee gave & got the drivers. I never found the software and am now trying various softwares hoping to find one that works...and it seems folks use this card to watch TV on their computers! Strange. Why on earth would someone wanna watch TV if they have a computer? Oh well, no accounting for taste.
    What I'm trying to do is use a mini-camera with a microscope, and it's not a USB cam but the other kind, with two plugs on it, a yellow one & a white one. (I know there's a name for that but it escapes me).

Dude, it's a Dell!
    with XP Pro, x86
    It has some RAM but I'm using a different PC to write this so I don't know right now how much. It's prolly a gig or so. No more'n 3.
    It also has a CPU but IDK anything about that either.
    It's a dedicated PC (hopefully) just for use with my microscope.
    Last edited by uhclem; February 6th, 2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: I edited because I dint know CeeBee's name.

The Sony btf-pa402z requires media center

to be functional, unless your using another program such as VLC. I use an analog surveillance camera and external microphone with VLC to record my guitar sessions and it works surprisingly well. You will need a software program such as media center to utilize the tv tuner. As far as confirming the installation the only place it is visible is in device manager / sound, video, game controller. The drivers are supposidly not compatable in win7, but I forced the .inf file in with the compatability wizard and media center in my win7 pro works well with it. For whatever reason I have read this card won't work with xp home, just professional. Keep in mind all of the jacks on this card are analog and input only, meaning you can't connect your DVD directly, you need an rf modulator to convert digital to analog. Although considered an antique, and finding ANY info on this card is near impossible, it is worth the effort if you know how to "old school" ( pre plug and play) the device! Good luck !

Howdy, cs286! Thanks for an intelligent first post here. Don't get me wrong, uhclem, didn't intend any criticism of your post, and it is bit more clear now that the initial post is up. Support for most of Sony's equipment stinks, but if you don't care about tuner support VLC should work fine. Never been a fan of Media Center. but for your needs, I don't think you need it anyway.