Empire Building Games Search

Thread: Empire Building Games Search

Empire Building Games Search

I miss the good old empire building strategy games. I'm not talking Civ or Age of Empires. I'm talking the ones centering around a theme such as the WWII, Colonial, Medieval, and such. I used to play the heck out of PTO II, MOO II, Liberty or Death, and Hearts of Iron III. I'm curious if anyone knows of any WWI empire building games, or maybe something else out there that is just as immersive.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

I still play Interstel's "Empire", a WWII type game. The DOS based graphics stink, but gameplay is fun and easy to learn. It is the entire reason I got into computers in the first place, as I wanted to finally beat it and needed a computer to play it.

My buddy's computer wasn't always available, so I bought my first PC. As it messed up, I taught myself how to fix it, and grew interested in the growing field. It is considered abandonware, so let me know if you want it. I might be able to e-mail it to you...
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Send it if you can. I'm more interested in game play than graphics. Though graphics do help to a degree. However if any of you googled Hearts of Iron III or Liberty or Death you'll see how much graphics matter to me lol.

Found links to
    Empire
    Empire II Art of War
    Last edited by Niclo Iste; August 14th, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
    One Script to find them.

Played a MOO II clone and it was OK. I just want a game that has massive tech trees so you can have a unique tech structure to your empire as the game progresses. I was hoping to find a WWI game like that but there seems to be a low demand and only a minor surge in RTS WWI games. I think it'd be cool if they had a game that was empire building for WWI that allowed you to start right before WWI so you can build your forces and technologies and forge forward with your own advancements. Oh well it's nice to dream I guess.
    One Script to find them.

I really appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You've made my day! Thank you again wish you luck

I too love those old Empire Building Games -- The more complex and challenging the better. Today's games lack what those games used to offer. I've been at Skyrim for over a year now and I have decided Bethesda put together an awesome display of graphics and realism, but not really a great game unless you just want to rape, pillage and murder. What ever happened to strategy, intrigue and mystery? I'm a Java programmer, although I've never attempted a game. I work with databases. But, more and more I've been thinking it's time to get back to basics. I think the world needs a good quality empire building game. If anyone is interested in helping me put together a nice idea, send your suggestions my way. In the meantime, I'm going to do my homework by gathering up all the legacy games I can find in the genre. I'm sure revamping what was good about the old games, with a new high-end graphic will make for a nice game. I could care less about money, I just want to create a fun game.

If you're serious, I'll put in my part with some ideas. Message me and we'll talk. By the way I work a lot of crazy hours so the only times I get to check things out are usually on my break or the weekend.
    One Script to find them.