[RESOLVED] Opti sound

Thread: [RESOLVED] Opti sound

malibu

Resolved [RESOLVED] Opti sound

Well I managered to install the sound drivers and it is working only I can hear any sound do you know what I can do?
    Thanks

vasily

Assuming "can" should read "can't", it may be that the sound devices are either not enabled or the volume levels are set at minimum.
    Double-click the "speaker" icon on the lower right-hand side of the task-bar to open up the sound-control dialogue-box and make sure that the required devices are present, enabled, and have their respective volume levels up. If they are not present, look in the sound-control menu which selects devices.
    Also, if you have an internal audio cable from your cd-rom or dvd plugged into the sound-card, a reversed connection or incorrect pin-outs of the audio-cable could cause the sound to short to ground. If this was the case, there would be no sound output at all, and no cd-music from the cd-rom front-mount headphone jack. If removing the audio-cable from the sound-card
    restores sound, then the audio-cable connection is the cause.
    Keep in mind that even if the card has an Opti sound chip on it, there are many different manufacturers using the same chip and they may require proprietary drivers. Check the FCC ID number of your card on the FCC website to find the manufacturer.