[RESOLVED] need to know where to install ess 1868 driver

Thread: [RESOLVED] need to know where to install ess 1868 driver

j_s_poehl

Question need to know where to install ess 1868 driver

i downloaded a driver for the ESS 1868 Plug and Play audi drive and i need to know where to install it. please be VERY specific. Thank you

First, you must extract all of the files contained in the .zip file that you downloaded. I'm assuming that you know how to unzip a .zip file. Extract the files to c:\ess1868 or whatever you want to call the directory. Then go to control panel - system - device manager. Find your sound card device (if you're having problems with sound, the device will have a yellow exclamation or question mark next to it). Click the device, then click the properties. Click on the driver tab, then click on update driver. Browse to the c:\ess1868 directory for the updated driver.

That should do it. If you need more detailed instructions let us know.

------------------
    Steve Taylor - Service Manager
    Altoplanos Information Systems, Inc.
    Navin: "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"

dayvsea

Wink

goto CNET download and get camunzip if you donot have a unzip program that one does it automatically..Then the WIN3.1 version should unzip and start a install program automatically and put things right..first click onto device manager in windows system and make sure all the sound drivers are removed under the sound/joysticks tab then install above..it's okay if you have the win95 OS the 3.1 will work