Recently I have had to reinstall Windows 7 x64 (ultimate) to my Vaio VGN-Z710DD (sold in Canada only).
The Vaio originally came with Vista x64 and was updated to Windows 7 Pro with official DVD from Sony. I have had the need to reinstall Windows 7 Pro at least on two other occasions and always starting from the recovery Vista partition.
This time I decided to reinstall Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) from original MS retail DVD as a clean install and always starting fro the recovery partition on my C:\ drive.

Everything seem to have installed properly with the exception of the Base System Device Driver, which, according to Device Manager, it's not installed, consequently the SD stick is not working.

I have downloaded the driver from Vaio website (Memory Devices for WIndows 7 x64).
After the install, the system tell me the installation was not successful and should try again.
After the second attempt, the system tell me that the driver that I am trying to install is for Vista OS. This procedure I tried many time with no difference.

I have contacted Vaio (US/Canada) and Microsoft Techies - All were unable to suggest a workable solution.
I feel lost in cyberspace Any suggestions?
Appreciate the help