Need Advice - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Need Advice

UPDATE:
    After spending quite a few hours there, I had my laptop, connected to the wireless, played a movie from youtube while walking around the areas and into the rooms. Not once did I freeze and lost only 1 bar on the signal strength. A little later on one of the PA's totally froze up again. After beating my head AGAINST THE WALL, I found out that the office is running 14 phone lines and Internet on DSL. Checking further, I found the office had just recently paid and had instituted 2 T1 lines of which only 1 was utilized. This has led me to believe that when the phones are in heavy use, the Internet is starved of bandwidth for the EHR program especially on the wireless side. They are supposed to come out and get the other T1 activated soon.
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

Each digitized voice channel used 64K. IOW, 24 channels per T1.
    --
    Doc
    ___________Microsoft Safety & Security Center___________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

They are supposed to come out and get the other T1 activated soon.
    They should be able to tie them together. Then you'd get a whopping 2.88 download speed... My office did the same thing several years ago... We finally got a different provider.
    U+00BD
    <p>&#x02BC;</p>

code 39: '
    U+02BC: ?
    U+02BC: '

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    They should be able to tie them together. Then you'd get a whopping 2.88 download speed... My office did the same thing several years ago... We finally got a different provider.
    I know what you mean. Still having issues with the wireless laptops. They are telling be that it is a wireless problem because their service is providing 2.83mbs. Of course they did a speedtest.net to prove it. Did I mention they did tis while there was no one on their computers and the 12 lines they have were silent since it was lunch?

Well after much ado, it has been determined the AP's have dropping signal strength causing problems as well as the bandwidth leave a little bit to desired. I am looking at getting (3) BUFFALO AirStation HighPower N450 Gigabit Wireless Router - WZR-HP-G450H to replace the existing router and the (2) AP's. Has anyone programed this router for AP's with same SSID and channels for the seamless hand off? Have not had the opportunity to have one to look at. Any info helpful. TIA

All is well, installed the Buffalo AirStations ands all is working well. (As much as can be with the bandwidth only at a peak of 2.3mbs.) Thank you for all of your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonie View Post
    Here is the situation, have a Dr. Office, the physcians see the patients with their laptops. In the wire room is a Cisco/Linksys EA4500 Router. This is located in the corner of a rectangle shape in the patient area. In the center of this is an area with lead lined walls where a xray machine used to be. My problem is when I set the wireless up gor them. he patients rooms are located all around this rectangle area and due to the lead,certain areas were dead.

I then added AP's on bothe sides to accomodate the dead areas. one AP SSID is "Name" and the other is "Name1". I was hoping this would eliminate any conflicts. All was good with XP but now with Win 7 & 8 I am running into problems. What range extender would be the best to use for the Router sso I can use it's wireless and eliminate the other SSID's? TIA
    You never going to get anywhere without the internet IP. Try to switch on DHCP.
    Last edited by FornDin; August 25th, 2014 at 04:55 AM.