DC to DC PSU Issue

Thread: DC to DC PSU Issue

DC to DC PSU Issue

Hello !

I just built a new mini itx HTPC for my bedroom.I took a tested working Intel D2700DC board with an integrated dual core Atom 2.13GHZ and 3 gb of ddr 3 and put it into a tiny mini itx case that comes with DC to DC 150W power supply and 12V 7.5A external brick so it'll be completely silent.
    After I've installed the motherboard into the case and turned it on - It did not turn on. I tried to check all connectors and all seemed fine.
    I took a PSU tester and saw that the DC to DC PSU works. Then I took a regular ATX PSU and it did work with the mini itx board. I was puzzled !
    Then I connected again the DC to DC PSU to the mini itx board and it worked !
    I wonder why the DC to DC PSU didn't worked in the 1st place.The board did showed a green light (Which is a signal that it gets some kind of electricity from the PSU). This board doesn't have the cpu 4 pin psu connector on it. Is it possible that testing the DC to DC PSU with the PSU tester turned on some kind of logical switch in the PSU ? (like the 4 pin connector) ?
    The system works for about 24 hours from yesterday. I turned it on and off several times and it looks ok, But I'm still puzzled....

Quote Originally Posted by HipHoper View Post
    Hello !

I just built a new mini itx HTPC for my bedroom.I took a tested working Intel D2700DC board with an integrated dual core Atom 2.13GHZ and 3 gb of ddr 3 and put it into a tiny mini itx case that comes with DC to DC 150W power supply and 12V 7.5A external brick so it'll be completely silent.
    After I've installed the motherboard into the case and turned it on - It did not turn on. I tried to check all connectors and all seemed fine.
    I took a PSU tester and saw that the DC to DC PSU works. Then I took a regular ATX PSU and it did work with the mini itx board. I was puzzled !
    Then I connected again the DC to DC PSU to the mini itx board and it worked !
    I wonder why the DC to DC PSU didn't worked in the 1st place.The board did showed a green light (Which is a signal that it gets some kind of electricity from the PSU). This board doesn't have the cpu 4 pin psu connector on it. Is it possible that testing the DC to DC PSU with the PSU tester turned on some kind of logical switch in the PSU ? (like the 4 pin connector) ?
    The system works for about 24 hours from yesterday. I turned it on and off several times and it looks ok, But I'm still puzzled....
    Maybe when you used the regular PSU somehow you aligned pins for your DC to DC PSU.
    Last thing I remember, running for the door,
    I had to find the passage back to the place
    I was before.