mediavision sound card

Thread: mediavision sound card

Post mediavision sound card

I am trying to install a mediavision pro audio 3d multi cd fcc#650-0117 -01d with an attached 2x mke Panasonic cd #cr562b into a 486 running win 3.1. I have disks 2 and 3 out of 4 original installation disks for the sound card. I have a downloaded driver for the cd.I have also downloaded the driver for pro audio 3d from this site but can't find pro audio 3d multi cd. I can get the sound card to work by using the 1st downloaded disk and the #2 and #3 original disks but it won't recognize disk #4. The sound works but the driver for the cd asks for the type of sound card and input- output addresses. I can't get past this. Anyone any guesses on where to find the proper driver or how to get disk #4 to load or how to install this cd.Thanks

Make sure the card has a Panasonic CD-ROM interface for the CR562, not IDE (same connector). If the sound is working OK, I guess you could try installing the CD with Sound Blaster as sound card, and I think from memory 240 as the I/O port, for a single CR562. Back up CONFIG.SYS & AUTOEXEC.BAT first to restore if it messes things up.

One problem with some of these cards is they may need the interface set up to the same parameters. Does the sound install run a file called SNDINIT in AUTOEXEC.BAT?