Acer KU-0833 keyboard driver

Thread: Acer KU-0833 keyboard driver

Acer KU-0833 keyboard driver

Does anyone have a driver for an Acer KU-0833 keyboard? I believe that it is also a Gateway with the same model #. I also see that amazon sells a generic keyboard that is possibly the same as this. W7 64 bit.

Welcome to Windrivers helpful55. What OS are you hooking the keyboard up to. Usually the USB keyboard is found automatically.
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonie View Post
    Welcome to Windrivers helpful55. What OS are you hooking the keyboard up to. Usually the USB keyboard is found automatically.
    I have Windows 7 64 bit. Yes windows attempts to install the driver, but it just gives me a message that it was unsuccessful and that windows cannot find a driver. Using manual search for a driver and the wizard does not find it either. I need to find one on my own.

Both Acer and Gateway will only help with their waranteed products. They give no support like most companies. Maybe amazon has some kind of forum and some info or someone who can send me the driver file.
    Last edited by helpful55; June 20th, 2015 at 04:15 AM.

I will suggest you update the motherboard chipset drivers, then reboot and see if the keyboard is recognized.

Keyboards are supported natively. Unless the keyboard has accessories such as fingerprint reader (this one doesn't), there should be no driver required.
    It is likely that the keyboard is defective - unless somebody tried to forcefully install an incompatible driver. In such a case total removal of the driver might resolve the issue.
    Last edited by CeeBee; June 22nd, 2015 at 12:08 PM.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Keyboards are supported natively. Unless the keyboard has accessories such as fingerprint reader (this one doesn't), there should be no driver required.
    It is likely that the keyboard is defective - unless somebody tried to forcefully install an incompatible driver. In such a case total removal of the driver might resolve the issue.
    I got this keyboard with a pc I bought and as I remember it worked fine. I hot plugged it in on this desktop alongside my MS ergo keyboard and it installs and works fine that way.

I guess I had better tell the rest of this plan. I hadn't because I didn't want to complicate the issue or get the "why", or "you can't do that", "why don't you..." or even "go wireless" (no way) responders. I am wanting to run a remote "in addition to" access point for my desktop in my shop about 30 feet away. (And actually I likely could pretty much be fine with just the monitor and mouse for what I will be using it for so if all else fails I can still do this). I am using a Cat5 with adapters to run the second monitor signal. I have dry tested that and it works. I had originally planned an active usb cable but I would prefer to use Cat5 to USB adapters and a powered hub that I bought on the remote end. When I dry test this it will get the mouse to work no problem, but I get errors when I plug in this keyboard, that I would like to use. A different keyboard I tried works fine on the hub. Like I said the Acer is not broken, just for some reason windows does not like this setup through the hub. It gives a message basically saying to contact the device manufacturer. Somehow I can't seen to install or use this keyboard through the hub.

As to your info, yes that makes sense as it seems like the only keyboard I think I have ever had not work right off and even then I think it had basic functions initially is my MS 4000 ergo with all of the extra hot keys, etc. That has a driver to allow all of those functions. (another thing to cause problems at times!).

I am getting a different keyboard soon that is the one I plan to use for this setup that may work properly with this, so I will get some more info on this in about two weeks with that. Even though I will probably not be using this keyboard ultimately when something wont work that should it bugs me and I really want to know what is wrong and fix it, but then my to do list is a mile long and I'll likely give up as I'll move on. Thanks.

Then you know the keyboard is fine by itself and does not need a driver. You left alone a key part - that you are not using it in a standard way.
    It does not work with whatever adapter you are using, no keyboard driver will fix that. The problem is the adapter and it's extremely likely that another keyboard will behave the same.
    You may be able to work around by finding an old USB1 hub and connecting your USB extender to that so that communication goes at lower speed with lower chances of data errors.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Like I said I tried a different Logitech keyboard and it works fine with the USB to Cat5 adapters and a 50' cable in between them. I can understand that some keyboards will not work with all setups and that must be the case with the Acer.

If I need to I will try to get a USB 1.0 hub like you recommend. I hadn't thought of slowing it down some so it may work. A slower speed would likely cause no problems with how this will be used. I have assumed that whatever hub I use go at the use end. Is that correct? If I need would a hub at each end possibly help? Thanks for all of your help here CeeBee.