Tried installing the Aureal Vortex 2 Win2K WDM 5.12.01.2559 Reference BETA Drivers per instructions at the following site

http://www.stas.net/6/a3dfan/WDM_install.doc

After following the instructions explicitly which invloved deleting several .inf, and .pnf files, and renaming the Driver.cab file etc. (please see details at site listed above) The sound will work and it works great. However when I reboot the system there is a code 10 on the Vortex Multifunction PCI Parent in the Device Manager. The sound no longer works and the Aureal VOrtex 8830 Audio and Joystick drivers are now hidden devices in Devman. If I reinstall the drivers for the Multifunction Device by selecting Display a list of all known drivers, and click on Have disk and point it to the temp Dir where the Drivers are stored it will reinstall the other 2 drivers again and it will work until reboot. If I choose to "Search for a suitable driver for the device" and point to temp dir it will not recognize that it is the correct driver for the Sound card. Any ideas on why this is happening other than the fact that it is a BETA Driver. I have seen in other forums that people are generally haveing pretty good luck with install if they follow install procedures exactly. Well it didn't for me. BLAH!!!